Princeton AI4ALL 2021

Did anyone get into Princeton AI4All this year? I’m curious about the stats of the people who got in. I’d also like to get to know some people before the program begins.
Also, can anyone from Princeton AI4All’20 provide some info/insight about how the online program worked? What were the lectures and research like? What would you recommend doing?

1 Like

@elixirofjasminetea Hi there! Congrats. I also got an offer of acceptance for Princeton AI4ALL 2021. I am very excited to be a part of the program, and looking forward to it.

Do we have any idea of how selective the program is? I am attending regardless:)

Yes, it would be great to get some advice from prior attendees of what to expect.

1. I’m not sure how selective it is. 30-ish rising juniors a year make it in, from an applicant pool of indeterminate amount. I had an imperfectly written sentence in one of my essays (my essays were grammatically correct but kinda unrefined as heck), and I genuinely thought that would disqualify me. I suppose my essays demonstrated a lot of genuine passion, which is what the program is looking for (as opposed to a brilliant writer). I had decent ideas, my GPA is good, and I’m not a bad writer, so I guess that outweighed the slight error. I am excited for the program though, I hear it’s quite interesting, and I’m looking forward to the research project
  2. Yeah it definitely would, I’m not sure if this post will actually gain traction, and there are only around 30 Princeton AI4All’20s who could actually answer my post…not a big chance but I’ll just hope
  3. Can I DM you? Just to get to know the other people who got admitted.
    @ post lurkers, if you got in, feel free to reply/dm me too

As per the program website they will admit students (specially from the groups underrepresented in AI) “who have a strong interest/ability in math and sciences and who have demonstrated leadership potential”. In essays and details of activities, I believe that’s what they were looking for, and not perfectly crafted essays. I have heard that the program is very competitive to get into, and you must have an overall strong application, if you were admitted.

The program is really good, and faculty is amazing. Professor Olga Russakovsky, who is the Co-Director of the program, is the one who actually founded Stanford AI4All. Once she joined Princeton, she got AI4ALL program also kicked off at Princeton. I am also excited about the discussions and research project.

Sure, feel free to DM me. It will be great to connect with other admitted students!

hey! so i applied this year and was wondering, how was ur experience at this program? would love to know.

hey i applied now, how was ur experience in 2021, was it worth it

same how did it go, like can i contact u

hey did u hear back from princeton ai4all? the results should come out today

I applied too and still haven’t heard back from them.