Princeton Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Princeton University offers Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at Princeton is November 1.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by December 15. For more information visit the Princeton University page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Princeton applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Princeton University? Why Princeton? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Princeton topics visit the princeton-university tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Princeton Early Action?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

1 Like

Isn’t Princeton a SCEA (Single choice?)

advitha

1 Like

Yes it is.

Curious if anyone has heard anything from Pton?

About the decision date? I haven’t seen anything, but it will likely be between the 13th and the 17th.

Today is Questbridge result day. So some people got into P.

Thanks! We’ve not heard anything since the alumni interview was completed the 1st week in Nov. Son is pretty chill, I’m not.

1 Like

I heard someone mentioned about her son getting into P this afternoon. So it might be questbridge.

total 110 QB applicants got accepted into P.

are QB acceptances included in SCEA statistic ? ? ?

110 out of a total of, maybe ~1400.
wow, that’s an impressively high percentage.

Are the QuestBridge admits part of early action?

Does Princeton’s interview mean anything? Or is it just informational??? I mean do they assign interviews as Yale because they need more info on applicant or smth???

1 Like

They try to interview everyone (as long as sufficient alumni are available); typically more 90% of applicants are offered interviews. Although the interview is to some degree evaluative, it doesn’t carry as much weight as most other components of the application, and the university says that applicants are not penalized if they do not have an interview.

1 Like

Any news as to when the Princeton early action results will be out?

Yes.

When is the exact day for the results?

No idea

My son had an interview and the alum mostly talked about himself and asked her just a couple of questions. He was disappointed as it didn’t lend itself too much dialogue. Do you you think that will negatively impact his application?