Princeton Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

My niece informed me that Princeton had reached out to her school for her first quarter grades. She had not sent it as it was not an application requirement. Has anyone else received a similar request?

1 Like

our school sends automatically

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry that he didnā€™t have a good interviewer. It wonā€™t help, obviously, but I doubt it will hurt his chances.

1 Like

@ccgiveyourbest1, I believe thatā€™s routine if the school receives a transcript without first quarter grades from an SCEA applicant.

1 Like

My counselor received a request, specifically on the 3rd.

1 Like

My daughterā€™s school did not received such request. I am nervousā€¦So I ask her school counselor to send oneā€¦Hopefully, that will not mess anything upā€¦fingers crossedā€¦So nervousā€¦

What is your gpa? Just wondering if it was because the previous grades were borderline for them. Did your school send a prior grade report? My daughter has a 4.0 unweighted and her school sends a grade report automatically. They werenā€™t contacted. Not sure if thatā€™s good or bad.

My GPA was sufficient enough for Princeton. If your school already sent the report, then there would really be no reason for Princeton to contact your counselor with a request.

1 Like

Our counselor received the first marking period request yesterday.

1 Like

Interesting article:
Looks like admission officer that looks into application may ask for it if he/she has time to invest. If All Aā€™s better send without asking for them.

Does anyone have any knowledge of when decisions are to be released? Mid-December isā€¦ awfully close and Iā€™ve received no word of a release date. I was worried that a part of my application was missing but thatā€™s not the case. May anyone have heard of a date from a school counselor or consultant? All of my friends applying early to Ivies were given dates weeks ago. This feels unusual.

I believe that there is a very high likelihood that decisions will be released on December 16th. Harvard announces its class on that day and Princeton has followed H in previous early action periods (Thursday, December 12th for Class of 2024)

It was just announced. December 16th.

Yes Dec 16th 7 pm Good luck everyone

1 Like

Where did you see that it would be December 16th?

Where did you see this?

Princeton e-mailing to candidates

My daughter received that request 2 years ago and got in EA (or REA, or SCEA - however you want to say it). I would have to assume that they only ask for 1st quarter grades from applicants who are being seriously considered, otherwise theyā€™d ask for 1st quarter grades as part of the application as some other EA schools do. I think that the request she received is a good sign. Good luck! My daughter took a gap year and is now at Princeton as a freshman and loves it.

2 Likes

Do they only email to likely people?

Daughter received an email from Princeton with this information.