Princeton Review Top Prty Schools

<p>Notice UM is nowhere on this list. It was compiled by interviewing students NOT by some crazy method which included days of sunshine and brains!!!</p>

<hr>

<p>List of top party schools by Princeton Review
By The Associated Press (AP) – 1 hour ago</p>

<p>The nation's top party schools, according to Princeton Review's 2009 survey of 122,000 students.</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Penn State University, State College, Pa.</p></li>
<li><p>University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.</p></li>
<li><p>University of Mississippi, University, Miss.</p></li>
<li><p>University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.</p></li>
<li><p>Ohio University, Athens, Ohio</p></li>
<li><p>West Virginia University, Morgantown, W.Va.</p></li>
<li><p>University of Texas, Austin, Texas</p></li>
<li><p>University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wis.</p></li>
<li><p>Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.</p></li>
<li><p>University of California-Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.</p></li>
<li><p>University of Colorado, Boulder, Colo.</p></li>
<li><p>University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa</p></li>
<li><p>Union College, Schenectady, N.Y.</p></li>
<li><p>Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.</p></li>
<li><p>DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind.</p></li>
<li><p>University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.</p></li>
<li><p>Sewanee: The University of the South, Sewanee, Tenn.</p></li>
<li><p>University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, N.D.</p></li>
<li><p>Tulane University, New Orleans, La.</p></li>
<li><p>Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved</p>

<p>I like the absence of UM from this list :)</p>

<p>As a former student of the University of Miami, I’d have to agree with Princeton Review.</p>

<p>I would have to disagree with this…</p>

<p>I currently attend the University of Miami and can vouch for the numbers of parties held… Friday and Saturday there are at least three different choices each night for larger parties, which might not seem like a lot, but when you look at the size of the school, it is. In addition, the average party-goer goes out either on Wednesday or Thursday night off campus to enjoy the Miami night life. Not everyone parties, but probably 1 in 4 peers I know does party on a ‘regular’ basis.</p>

<p>While I am not saying it is a bad thing that Miami is not on this list, I am going to say that it probably should be.</p>

<p>It definitely should not. Parties are held well off of campus in Coconut Grove or South Beach, not large fraternity parties that you get at the top party schools like UF and Penn. State. We just won Playboy because academics and location were two of the factors and those out beat Penn State or UF anyday.</p>

<p>Yes, I will agree that Coconut Grove and South Beach have the larger parties (aka clubs). Yet as a freshman who had no car, I could easily walk to at least one party per night if i so chose. I’m not saying they were huge, but there was always alcohol available and music. Oh and its not like these were only 30 person parties either. Those who threw them usually ended up making money. </p>

<p>Anyways. I’m not trying to argue. I just feel that those who are interested in Miami should know what the party scene is like and that it does exist, even for those who dont own a fake id (which many girls do invest in, even though its illegal).</p>