Princeton University Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

As you probably know, Princeton no longer releases EA statistics, but it used to accept 700-800 students in EA. That was before the university opened its newest residential colleges, so the number may be larger now. Or it may not…

1 Like

My arts portfolio has not yet been viewed (I put it in as a YouTube embed, so I can see)… hope thats not a sign of auto reject. Its already 12/1

1 Like

From an official unofficial source, I believe next week is when Admissions puts the nose to the grindstone in reviewing applications. Still in the data gathering stage.

Take it with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed! I also only had my interview a few days ago. Maybe they’re just late coming across my file :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My kiddo uploaded theirs, I was hoping they would do a link so I could check views :laughing:

I think it’s better to do a file upload. That way there’s nothing for you to see to be anxious about :joy:

3 Likes

True, I checked their boarding school application video views daily. :laughing:

Does anyone know if your child’ school counselor was asked to send his or her first nine week grades to Princeton Admissions?

1 Like

That is very interesting to know. My son applied as REA and waiting to hear in a couple weeks.

good luck to your son!

There were 210 additional admission spots (class of 2026) than the year before bc of the newly constructed residential colleges New College West and Yeh. 1290 students enrolled in Fall of 2021, 1500 are on campus as first year students this year (class of 2026). Not sure how many of those spots were offered early, but I know they suspended the REA round for the class of 2025 bc of COVID.

1 Like

My son had his interview just last week. She said she had until Dec. 1st to do it. Applied REA

1 Like

Did everyone who applied EA get an interview? Also when is Princetopn likely to announce the results?

dec 16th and yes my DS23 had an interview

My daughter did not get an interview

Did anyone hear from their school Counselor about Princeton asking 1st marking period grades ? We did not hear any.

I just want to remind/reassure those of you who haven’t been contacted that this merely reflects the availability of alumni to do the interviews, and is not an indication of your chances of being admitted. Although the vast majority of applicants get an interview (including many applicants who have very little chance of being admitted), each year some students are admitted without one.

9 Likes

As an alum who has interviewed applicants for almost 20 years now, I’ve heard that the alum interview is mostly a way for the school to get more engaged with its alums (and helps their annual giving engagement in fact).

The alum reports rarely can help push an applicant over the line of admit, and occasionally, if very very bad, can help push a negative decision. On the whole, what I heard from the admissions office a few years ago was the general advice to students was “do no harm” with the interviews

3 Likes

Such a selfish motivation if true… considering how busy the seniors are in this application season.

Wow, think about how entitled this statement comes off as. If the interview is such a waste of time, then decline to do one. You’ll save the interviewer at least 3 hours of their precious time.

The AO’s use the interviews to generally confirm their assessment of the app, so as @Sternmd pointed out, it will take a lot for an interview to push a “no” to a “yes” or vice versa, although the “yes” to a “no” is more likely if the candidate expresses racist/sexist or other unacceptable tendencies. Also do you really want a semi-trained alum out of a pool of a few thousand volunteer interviewers (who have different standards) to have a significant say in an admissions decision?

As a perspective student, you have an opportunity to ask an alum about their experiences at Princeton and how Princeton did or did not affect their life trajectory. It’s your chance to make use of that resource.

8 Likes