Princeton University Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Deferred

Rejected. 36 ACT, Feeder Boarding school, 3.9 unweighted. Very high level time-consuming arts EC. Submitted Arts supplement. Oh well. Their loss.

4 Likes

Deferred
I have a feeling it is because he is applying Comp Sci and he is currently in AP Calc BC as well as AP Physics 1&2
they want to see those grades.

1 Like

Who knows! My kid had those but still got deferred So don’t worry our kids will be fine wherever they go.

2 Likes

Time to more fully develop plan B
,but deferred is not a no by any means, so they’re sayin’ there’s a chance! Haha!

2 Likes

Agree. Even other kid from daughter’s school was also deferred.

Hi all! My daughter got in! Praise God!

13 Likes

Did they all apply to Princeton? Just wondering if Princeton is still on the same path of deferring nearly all REA applicants.

1 Like

Only one kid I know had applied. Who knows. I am actually OK with it! As I believe all these high achieving kids will do well.

4 Likes

Officially accepted.
Recruited athlete with likely letter received mid Oct.

8 Likes

Stats: 1500 sat, 4.2 gpa at top 30 public high school in CA, ASB all 4 years - class president 2 years, campaign intern for CA congressional house rep this summer, regional champion in track and xc, state top 5 in track. Hook was definitely sports but must be admissible hence pre-read this summer with coach and admissions.
Best of luck to all!

3 Likes

Congrats! Your stats sound great for a school like Princeton with or without the hook.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m the mom. :grin:
Proud of that kid. The athletic recruitment process started for her late soph year and is not for the faint of heart. But glad it all worked out. Best of luck to you!!!

5 Likes

Deferred. No SAT/ACT. Submitted Arts Supplement. Take 10 music exams from Trinity College in London. 10 years of arts background in-school, out of school, and at music school. President of 5 Clubs. Class Rank 3/1009. UW GPA: 3.91/4.00. Weighted GPA 4.30. 16 AP Classes including this year.

1 Like

Deferred.
He has a great profile (1550 SAT, 4.0 GPA, 11 AP classes, two math olympic medals, published research paper, captain of the basketball team, head of MUN), but we all know its brutally hard. Feel good about Plan B, C and D.

Congrats to those accepted.

3 Likes

Deferred :confused: (UW GPA: 3.91, ACT: 35) Honestly my ecs are kinda mid so I’m surprised I didn’t get rejected :smiling_face_with_tear:

Are those USAMO medals?

2 Likes

DD deferred
4.04 UW GPA - top 1%, challenging coursework
ACT 34 (35 superscore which Princeton won’t accept)
Won national awards in music
Leader of STEM clubs
Teacher and creator of music curriculum at school for students with special needs
Great essays, based on feedback from counselor and independent reviewers

Marching on!

4 Likes

I am wondering why there seems to be more deferred than denied?

4 Likes

So recruited athlete daughter just joined the official Princeton class of 2027 Insta site. Over 120 on there, (and growing) since they notified earlier today. Randomly sampled the profiles. Seems that than half are recruited athletes, for what it’s worth. Would be interesting to see what percentage of EA accepted fit that hook. I can tell you that Pton coaches (at least for my daughter who is track/xc distance) encourage athletes to apply SCEA
and since 20% (yes that is a real stat) of Pton students are athletes it makes sense. Good luck to all!

6 Likes