Printers compatible with the NMF Dell computer?

<p>Can anyone suggest a good, affordable printer that would be compatible with the NMF Dell laptop?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!!</p>

<p>I would imagine than any of the new HP printers would work. Just check Windows compatibility. </p>

<p>My kids each have one of those printer, copy, fax type printers.</p>

<p>We’re Canon printer fans (along with their cameras) and we picked up D the Canon Pixma printer last year (under $100) The bonus was it was Crimson :)</p>

<p>Thanks, y’all! :)</p>

<p>The Canon Pixma MP250 is a great cheap all in one printer. Ink costs are a lot cheaper than some other brands of printers. And you can even refill the cartridges on your own if you want without needing a chip re-setter. </p>

<p>You can pick one up from walmart for $28</p>

<p>Our son has offered to share his wireless printer with his three roommates, as long as they all take turns/chip in on buying ink and paper. Does anyone know if it is possible to set up a wireless printer so that only his roommates have wireless access to the printer. I believe it can be done if they use a wireless router for the suite, but I am wondering if it can be done without the router.</p>

<p>Most “plug and play” printers should work with your laptop. My Samsung laser printer does.</p>

<p>Thanks, NJ and MesquiteGirl!</p>

<p>I strongly recommend a Brother Laser printer like;
<a href=“http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Printer-HL2270DW-Wireless-Monochrome/dp/B00450DVDY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top[/url]”>http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Printer-HL2270DW-Wireless-Monochrome/dp/B00450DVDY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top&lt;/a&gt;
-cheapest cost per page ($30 cartridge = 2600 pages)
-very fast and reliable
-Duplex saves paper
-wireless</p>

<p>The cheaper printers end up costing you much more in ink.</p>

<p>We do the Brother laser printer at home for our gazillions of papers printed, and it is SOOOOOOOO much cheaper than our inkjet (per page.)It also stores better if not used for extended periods of time.</p>

<p>I bought D the smaller version of the Brother laser and told her she could go to the library if she needed anything in color, which I assume will be infrequently.</p>

<p>Wow, that sounds great! Laser printers rock. Thanks!</p>

<p>We also use a Brother Laser at home, saving the HP inkjet for the color printing when needed. </p>

<p>Since D is an art major with a history of taking photos, manipulating the color and then printing to use as “models” for her artwork, she will probably need frequent color printing. H found a Brother inkjet (MFC-J220) at newegg for around $45. Don’t know how well it will work, but H priced the ink refills and was pleased.</p>

<p>I am not sure how old my Brother printer is, but it’s Windows '95 compatible.
I’ve been through at least 7 computers, but the old Brother-printer/scanner/fax/copier is still running fine. Come to think of it, I buy a new computer more often than toner refills (6). :></p>

<p>I like the convenience of the Brother lasers, but, including paper and ink costs, I think you’re better off owning a small, cheap inkjet for the occasional, emergency print job (printing essays the morning they’re due) and printing everything else at libraries or computer labs. In particular, the ten or fifteen cent color copies (can’t remember which) are far cheaper than most other means.</p>

<p>Using printing in the library is also a good idea. My one toner cartridge lasted FOREVER since I was always printing either in the CBH lab (free) or in the library (pretty cheap). Course I used my printer for the emergency paper/printed directions/random things that I needed. And now I need more toner!!</p>