Printers?

<p>Do students staying in the dorms need printers?</p>

<p>If you have an English or History class then most likely you’ll be writing a few papers. Having a printer in your dorm is more of a convenience than a must have since there are printers in the library and the ferg that students can use for a small fee. However having a flash drive or two is a must if you don’t have a printer.</p>

<p>I think it depends on the student, but my D used hers a ton. Be sure you get one that doesn’t drink ink. D used five and a half reams of paper and printed double sided. She only had to replace her ink cartridges once. She has an HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 A Premium. Also, you’ll want to check the expiration date on the cartridges if you purchase extras because many won’t allow the printer to print if installed past the expiration date. We learned this the hard way two years ago.</p>

<p>Thanks for sharing such useful info on this thread; I am really overwhelmed by how friendly and helpful the UA community is.</p>

<p>Hi xcitfan! Haven’t seen you in awhile! Hope all is well!</p>

<p>I think it’s a huge help, especially for a procrastinator who often finishes essays five minutes before class begins and does not have time to go to the library to print them. :)</p>