Priority Registration (Hons)

<p>As an incoming freshman, am I not granted priority registration as someone accepted to Honors?</p>

<p>I just checked my Records profile and it says my class registration date is the same as my NSC- do these benefits not apply until 2nd+ semester?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>You don’t get it until 2nd semester, unless something has changed.</p>

<p>My S has also been accepted into the Honors Program. I did read on someone elses post that they have some separate sessions at the NSC for the Honors students. I’m not sure this is still the case or not.</p>

<p>If it is the same as when my older daughter went to her NSC, there is one break-out session we attended for Honors. I remember it was in a small auditorium and lasted about an hour.</p>

<p>Howdy TAMUHons14!</p>

<p>Debbie is correct, Honors Priority Registration is for continuing students (2nd semester and after). The priority that incoming freshmen receive is that only students in the University Honors Program or one of the college or departmental Honors programs can register for Honors sections at the New Student Conferences.</p>

<p>Incoming freshmen who meet class rank and test score requirements but who are not in an Honors program may register for remaining seats in Honors courses at the end of the summer. See this link for more information: <a href=“http://hur.tamu.edu/Honors/About-the-University-Honors-Program#Eligible”>http://hur.tamu.edu/Honors/About-the-University-Honors-Program#Eligible&lt;/a&gt;.&lt;/p&gt;

<p>While we used to have a break-out session at each NSC as NETarrantMom described, we have dropped the session in an attempt to help cut down on the flood of information at the NSCs. We were already covering much of the information in our Honors Welcome the week before classes start. The other important information that we shared at the NSCs regarding signing up for the freshman learning community class went out electronically with our acceptance notices.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!</p>

<p>Jon Kotinek
Associate Director
Honors and Undergraduate Research</p>