Priority registration, STAR, and UHP students

<p>Sooo, I got into the University honors program, and the packet I got said I get priority registration. When exactly am I going to register for classes? I haven't gotten anything from purdue concerning this. Am I just going to be registering for classes at STAR? any UHP students out there want to comment?</p>

<p>If you accepted admittance on-line, it should prompt you to register for STAR. From what I understand, priority registration would be for second semester. All incoming freshmen are encouraged to go to STAR. Some dates are already “sold-out”. Also during STAR, you can test out of some subjects, and our D will also audition for the orchestra. We “tried” to get out of coming to STAR, since we are on the west coast, but everyone seemed to be encouraging us to go. So we are going in June.</p>

<p>that would make sense if it was for second semester. anyhow, I registered as early as i could for star. hopefully, i’ll get all my classes when I want them.</p>

<p>Well I can tell you right now that when you sign up for Spring classes, you register before Seniors… My friend/roommate is in UHP and registered before me…</p>

<p>Question to john14ty66:
I got a letter last month inviting me to join UHP. I wasn’t sure if this was the actual acceptance.
So I went to the learning communities website but the online application says that you can only apply after your first semester at Purdue.
I’m a presidential scholar and I know the UHP selection process is by invitation. Did you apply?</p>

<p>I was able to sign up for the UHP learning community online, not sure why it would say apply after first semester. Try calling Purdue about it because they may not have updated the system for you to apply. Also, it seems invitation is acceptance since I was also invited to science honors program.</p>