Priority Registration

Hi there, I’m currently starting to look at colleges and Bama seems to tick a lot of my boxes - presidential scholarship, large school, tons of school spirit, college town, good honours college. The only thing that’s worrying me is the fairly recent change to priority registration.

In my copy of Inside Honors it still says that honors college students get priority registration before all other students and stupidly I didn’t check on the school website to clarify until now. I feel like I’ve already kinda fallen in love with UA which is the only reason I haven’t taken it off my list already (well, that and crimson tide football) but it has shot right to the bottom.

I understand that to many prospective honors college students this is not that big of a deal because, thanks to AP credits, they will come in with sophomore or even junior status, but for me it really is. I will be completing 4 A-Levels but UA will only give credit for two of them (English lit and history) and even those only give 6 credits each so I will definitely be coming in with freshman status.

I guess my question is: how big of a deal is priority registration before everyone else? I know Nebraska has similar priority registration to Bama but is somewhere like Nebraska’s more of a perk considering UA’s huge size?

The priority registration, IMO, is one of the biggest perks of being in the Honors College. You will still be behind those with more credits than you but it will still put you ahead of those with the same amount of credits but non-honors. It could be the difference in getting a better professor or better class day/time. Very worth it!