private dorms

<p>i was wondering which are the nicest private dorms? I am also curious as to what kind of people and what kind of enviorment each dorm has? I am planning on visiting UW on the 4th of May. Is there anything that i should look out for or any places i should try and visit.</p>

<p>I don't really understand the private dorms. The ones I saw were located on State Street. They looked a bit dated like other parts of the campus and watching girls in the window of the gym running on the treadmill in their ugg boots was a little weird. I think of all the dorms the private dorms look the worst and I would not see why one would chose them over the public dorms. I feel like the same kids who get private dorms are the same kids with the moped scooters.</p>

<p>The one thing that I thought was rediculous about the entire campus was the scooters. You can't use them in the winter which is when you want to. I don't get why you'd scooter in the nice warm weather and walk in the snow.</p>

<p>I was at Madison yesterday on a tour. The campus is very nice and you are right about mopeds everywhere.
I looked at 2 private dorms when we were there. The Towers and Statesider. The rooms are setup as small suites with a little kitchen area a private bathroom and 2 rooms that will either have 2 per room (4 people per) or 1 to a room (2 people per). The Towers was not as nice as Statesider but the price was better. The Statesider only has premium rooms left that are big bucks.The both had gyms - Statesiders was very nice. I never sent a room deposit in so I was worried about public dorms (I don't think there will be a problem this year).
Now I have a new problem - I like the schools alot, my list keeps growing and I have one week left to decide!
Tomorrow U of I</p>

<p>You can scooter pretty much until December and March through may. Some do it all year just like they biked in the old days. I just read they are going to charge for a scooter parking decal on campus--about $50.</p>

<p>I'd worry about getting in a public dorm now.</p>

<p>why would you worry about public dorms? They said as long as you want housing they have it for you. If you get your stuff in by the deadline you are guaranteed housing as a freshman. At least that is what they keep telling me.</p>

<p>If you are instate only, I think.</p>

<p>I'm from Mass and they said I was guaranteed housing. They said availability is not a problem its just sophmores and juniors choose not to live on campus and thats why the percentages are low.</p>

<p>they told me yesterday with the opening of the new Smith dorm there should not be an housing issues for incoming freshmen</p>

<p>That's great. But next year will be different as OGG goes down.</p>

<p>you mean for the class of 2011. For 2010 we should be fine.</p>