Private Universities in California for Nursing

I’m a senior in high school, and I was wondering what are some private universities in CA that have a good nursing program for BSN.

@kookieeejar University of San Francisco, Azuza Pacific University, Point Loma are a few to consider

@readthetealeaves thank you!

direct entry BSN programs in CA are:

privates
APU, USF, dominican university

publics
UCI, UCLA, SDSU, CSU Fullerton

PLNU isn’t direct entry so enrolled pre-nursing students have to later apply to get into the nursing program.

You didn’t ask for direct entry @kookieeejar and while it is true PLNU is not direct entry it is relatively easy to move to the second phase after freshman year by keeping a 3.0 and taking certain classes. If you are looking for a private school religious nursing experience in a beautiful setting it is worth a look

@Banker1 what about SJSU and CSULB? the nursing programs there aren’t direct entry?

Nope, they aren’t direct entry. CSULB is very competitive (<10%) to later be admitted to the Nursing program per the info included in my D’s acceptance packet last year.

Does PLNU accept all pre-nursing students if their GPA is 3.0 after freshman year?

Does anyone know what the average merit award is for the private schools? (APU, USF, Dominican, PLNU)

Has anyone visited these schools? What is the campus like and vibe? (APU, USF, Dominican, PLNU)