"Private visit" from area rep?

<p>Hey everyone. I was looking at the scheduled visits for my area rep, Casie Tate. It says that she is making a “private visit” to my high school on the 25th of this month. I contacted her to ask about this, but haven’t gotten a reply. What is a private visit? Do I have to sign up in advance in order to meet with her?</p>

<p>On a side note, they finally received my transcript. How soon should I expect an acceptance? Thanks and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Check with your school GC about the date and time she’s scheduled to visit. I don’t believe that “Private Visit” means anything other than she will be available to the students at a particular school. I could be wrong but make sure that you email her to say that you would like to meet during her visit. I don’t think you need to “sign up” but make it known to your GC that you want to meet with the UA Rep. My daughter’s experience was that the UA Rep came to her HS on a certain day for 1-2 hours to meet with students. Our Rep called my daughter out of class because she wanted to say HI. Goodluck! Don’t be shy about emailing again since the date is quickly approaching.</p>

<p>It usually means that there is no scheduled “college recruitment” event planned at your school that day. The recruiter will probable be in the Guidance Department to meet “one on one” or in small groups with the students who are interested in UA.</p>

<p>When the UA rep had on her schedule “private visit” to my D’s high school, it meant she was at the high school meeting with students at that high school (i.e., it wasn’t open to the public like a college fair would be). She wasn’t meeting individually with students; all students who were interested went to a particular room and there was a presentation and the opportunity to ask questions.</p>

<p>I would guess that sign up procedures and format vary from high school to high school. At my D’s high school, for instance, you must sign up at least 24 hours in advance of the visit.</p>

<p>^ and if your school is like DSs was, despite having over 4500 students, both visits turned out to be private ones for my DS. I came in for the second one just to meet the recruiter. You will definitely get all the facetime you could want.</p>

<p>TommyKP, how did you find the area reps schedule?</p>

<p>Forget it, I found it!</p>