Problem with BHM Shuttle Today

<p>My freshman S returned to BHM today and was scheduled to get to campus on the 1:00 pm UA Shuttle.</p>

<p>He went to the designated “Limo/Shuttle” area outside bagage claim around 12:45. An hour later - - still no shuttle. After trying to call every UA number imaginable, his phone was out of battery. His last text to me said that was going to try to contact a friend who lives in birmingham for help. Very frustrating… Hope this all works out.</p>

<p>I’m sure he will never agree to try the UA shuttle again . . so I’ll be stuck paying for the pricey private shuttle service from now on!</p>

<p>Note to self: Remind him to take wall charger for his phone when he travels.</p>

<p>wake210 if he cant reach his friend, let me know, my S2 is in birmingham… could maybe get him until another shuttle runs?</p>

<p>not sure how you’ll reach him, just saw you said his phone died</p>

<p>parent56 - thanks for the kind offer! </p>

<p>He contacted me a few minutes ago to say a friend in birmingham picked him up at the airport. He’s now at her house while she finishes packing and they will head off to campus in a bit.</p>

<p>great wake… if it ever happens again just pm me and if son is on campus i;m sure he would help out.</p>

<p>If your child’s phone has a micro or mini USB connection, there’s a cheap cord that can be purchased to charge from a laptop. My kids keep one taped to their laptop cord.</p>

<p>I’m sorry your son had this problem. Realistically, however, this is the state of modern travel. My son was bumped on his return trip home and had some silly rerouting which brought him home in the middle of the night (we live 60 miles from the airport.) </p>

<p>When it was time to print out boarding passes, the airline had inadvertently tossed out his first flight leg. 1 1/2 hours later it was restored but the message is clear:</p>

<p>Travel ain’t what it used to be!</p>

<p>Throwing more money at things often fixes situations but it will be interesting to know what the problem was with the shuttle.</p>

<p>We have used the limo service when more than one passenger is involved but this is just another reminder why it is a good idea to NOT travel at the last minute. Sadly.</p>

<p>I also wonder what happened.</p>

<p>Were the Saturday shuttle times added once Bama decided to open the dorms a day early for the BCS game? I was thinking that if that was the issue, then maybe the Shuttle company got mixed up and didn’t change its schedule.</p>

<p>I’m laughing (sort of.) Son’t flight into Birmingham isn’t going to get there on time…today??? Being held in Houston for Weather but don’t know if it is Texas weather (suspect) or Alabama…</p>

<p>so even if the shuttle shows, this passenger won’t and he’ll have to figure a ride to Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>In many ways these are better lessons than in classes.</p>

<p>Now, I’m off to check weather. Safe travels all.</p>

<p>p-.s. we didn’t book through Denver because we’ve spent the night in that airport for weather in the past!!!</p>

<p>I was just introduced to CC by another Alabama mom today! SoCal2Bama was great in giving ideas on how to connect with other parents My son transfered to U of A as a junior this year. We live in Orange County. He’s flying into Birmingham today at 5:00. Oops! I guess I really messed up his football game by booking his ticket today. Anyway, he will miss the 5 o’clock school shuttle. Anyone else around to share a ride?</p>

<p>Welcome!</p>

<p>I’m an OC native myself, now living in Alabama. </p>

<p>*He’s flying into Birmingham today at 5:00. Oops! I guess I really messed up his football game by booking his ticket today. *</p>

<p>lol</p>

<p>Shuttle pick up times today:
Monday, January 9th, pick up time will be 1pm, 4pm, 8pm</p>

<p>Is it too late to book him on the 8pm shuttle? (I know, it’s right during the game. :frowning: )</p>

<p>CABamaMom, the student gets a confirmation email after booking the shuttle, with instructions to call the numbers below, in the order given, should there be a flight delay:
205-348-7433 (348-RIDE)
205-496-1932 Forrest Jefferson</p>

<p>They also give 205-348-9647 as a number to call to change your reservation, and the two numbers below for taxi service if all else fails:</p>

<p>Crown Limousine 205-758-3875
Prestige Limo Service 205-333-9879</p>