Profound apologies

<p>The loss against South Carolina is our fault. You see, we have a chalkboard on the kitchen wall for jotting down grocery lists and such, and since early August we’ve had a cartoon of Big Al in the corner smiling coyly. well, yesterday my DH mistakenly erased Big Al, and you see what happened. We feel terrible.
We frantically added not one, but two Big Als to the board, so we believe the mojo will be back in place for the next game.</p>

<p>our apologies.<br>
Roll Tide.</p>

<p>I feel just sick!</p>

<p>All those sacks!!!</p>

<p>aww…i feel sorry for you guys :(</p>

<p>Since discovering an interest in football, I have become very superstitious. I just realized that I did not wear my Bama t-shirt today which I am certain added to the bad vibe of the erased chalk board. I have worn it every other game day.<br>
Anyone else have any game day superstitions?</p>

<p>I used to work for a guy who had a strange superstition when he watched teams play his favorite pro football team. He would wear the other team’s colors. Then, if that team scored, he would change into another outfit – same colors. Yes, it was crazy. Glad I never watched a game with him.</p>

<p>It was rough, that’s for sure…</p>

<p>No need to apologize. None of us actually played in the game, I would assume.</p>

<p>well, as long as you guys beat auburn, right? :)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Ugh, I forgot to wear my high-mojo Bama t-shirt yesterday as well, so I share the responsibility and guilt with timeflew. I guess we fans better tighten up! Coach Saban visited me in my dreams last night and read me the riot act. :)</p>

<p>On the other hand, there’s Greg McElroy, who met South Carolina QB Stephen Garcia at mid-fieled after the game, shook his hand, and said, essentially, “Nice game, we’ll see you again at the SEC Championship game.” </p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I would take the blame, as I’m never allowed to watch my older S’s teams- Giants & ND because I jinx them. I watched the game, but I taped it. They lost even before I sat down & turned on the tv. They looked like a different team. So many sacks. I’m sure SC’s bye helped and physically and they had an extra week to analyze and strategize.</p>

<p>I too did not wear the same bama shirt I have worn for every game last season and, up till Saturday, this season. I wore a different Bama shirt. Won’t wear it again on a game day! :)</p>

<p>On the other hand, I am so proud of how the team is dealing with the loss. I am sure Coach Saban will use this as a learning opportunity and hopefully they will be stronger because of it.</p>

<p>i am a Georgia resident and THAT team has been plagued by arrests of its members for various reasons. I respect Mark Richt a lot, but apparently discipline is an issue with his team. I am so happy and pleased that the Bama boys are NOT reacting in that way to this…</p>

<p>Okay looks like we’ll all have to take the blame, I too wore a different shirt and DH didn’t change into his until half-time – too late. </p>

<p>Oh well, brushing it off and still proud: ROLL TIDE!!!</p>

<p>My husband said most of the teams that play 'Bama this year have a bye week right before their game with the Tide, including LSU!</p>

<p>Don’t think that’s by accident…</p>

<p>^^^I’m sure it’s not an accident, which is why the SEC will implement a rule next year that prohibits any school from having to face teams coming off a bye week more than three times in a season. </p>

<p>That being said, the situation is what it is, which is why we’ve got to get that whiteboard fixed, timeflew, and the rest of us need to get our game shirts, game hats, and game faces in order right now! No excuses, people! :)</p>

<p>BTW, Bama has a bye week before LSU as well.</p>

<p>Thankfully, this loss was against an eastern division team. If Bama wins the western division and wins the conference, it still could climb back to at least a #2 ranking and be in the BCS championship.</p>

<p>It’s unlikely that an SEC champion will not be in the BCS championship because of the difficulty of the conference is considered.</p>

<p>That said, whatever mistakes caused McElroy to get sacked so many times better get fixed ASAP. The future opposing teams are now very aware of that weakness. :(</p>

<p>S & H will be there this weekend to cheer them on against Ole Miss! RTR</p>