Pros and Cons - Housing

<p>Thanks, SEA_tide! I would love to hear from someone … are there quiet places to study in Burke?? I wish we could have gotten in there for a tour and to talk to some residents when we visited.</p>

<p>UA’s very good about having quiet study rooms in its residence halls. Depending on your specific roommate, you might be able to have a quiet/semi-quiet place to study in your room. The Rogers Science and Engineering library is open 24/7 on school nights and has lots of quiet study areas. It’s a 4-6 minute walk from Burke, but the path is well lit and there are police officers and security guards patrolling the area.</p>

<p>If you’re a sports fan, Burke East and West are just a short walk away to basketball, volleyball, baseball, and gymnastics games/meets. In fact, Women’s Basketball and Volleyball play about 300 feet away from Burke in Foster Auditorium. Tickets are free for UA students (just walk up and show/swipe your student ID at the student entrance) and there are often promotions for free food and prizes.</p>

<p>Amy9998, my daughter is also strongly considering Burke. She’s an honors student who will be studying engineering and is also hoping to find a semi-quiet roommate situation. We talked with a local student who is at UA who had lived in Burke his freshman year and he had a positive experience and recommends it. If you are interested in connecting with a potential roommate, feel free to message me and I could put you in touch with my daughter.</p>

<p>Thanks for the posts, SEA_tide and gamomto4girls — Great information! My son also plans to be an engineering major, gamom … hope your daughter finds a quiet or semi-quiet roommate! I’m pretty sure my S will live in Burke if he attends UA. The prices on the suite-style dorms are horribly high and he wants to keep the borrowing down as much as possible!</p>