Prospective Class of 2018

<p>I’ve also paid my son’s enrollment deposit. Is there another deposit for his housing? Just don’t want to miss anything. Thanks for your help.</p>

<p>The housing deposit historically has been October 1st. I would check the Bama email every week though to be sure.</p>

<p>Anxiously awaiting the Presidential letter for my S now that we know that they’re out. He meets all the criteria, just will feel better once it’s in hand, right? :slight_smile: Maybe tomorrow! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>It was such a weight off when the Presidential letter came to confirm what we already knew. Between that and the Engineering $2,500 a year, it’s overwhelming to think that DS is receiving a six-digit scholarship!! WOW!! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I asked the resident Alabama graduate, my oldest son, to give his kid brother his letter today when we picked him up from cross country practice. It’s definitely nice to get the first acceptance, and at the place he most wants to attend. ROLL TIDE!</p>

<p>Other than the enrollment and housing deposits, is there anything we have to pay before August?</p>

<p>Momreads - awwwwwwwwww! :)</p>

<p>Son get the Presidential Letter in Mail today. At least something in Hands now waiting for the $2500 Engineering scholarship Letter.</p>

<p>Do he need to apply for Engineering scholarship or its Automatic…??</p>

<p>We will send the Honors app this week too, he just finish his Essay portion…</p>

<p>ROLL TIDE !!!</p>

<p>Momreads: Congratulations to your son! I am sure he will be as successful as his older brother. Wishing him the best of luck…</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Congrats to all. I know this is so exciting for your kids to be receiving their first college acceptance. It being from a school they want to attend is just icing on the cake. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Longhaul mentioned Camp 1831 and OA/AA. Another option is Early College. D attended Summer II this year to “get her feet wet”. She also gained 8 credit hours from doing so. The cost is very reasonable as well. They have a set of rules that help get the kids used to having good study habits with mandatory study hall every night and curfews. It was a great experience. D made some great friends from being there for the 4 weeks of EC as a nice side benefit then getting used to college classes and the campus.</p>

<p>Received my acceptance letter on Thursday. I got in with a 3.33 gpa and a 1740 sat score. I’m from California and hope to join a sorority.</p>

<p>Can anyone help me out? My school has my transcript from the end of junior year, but won’t have the one updated for senior year changes in class rank (due to kids dropping out or joining) for a few months. Can I use the one from the end of my junior year?</p>

<p>Yes - My DS’ transcript was mailed in June, so no Senior year schedule or grades were included.</p>

<p>^You’re the best. Thanks!</p>

<p>Guess what arrived today … finally the in-hand Presidential letter! My S will be SO happy to hold that when he gets home from school today! We attended Senior Night at our school last night … it was SO comforting to know Bama is a go. I think he’s only going to apply to 2 other schools now … IU-Bloomington (Kelly Business School) see what kind of offers they have, and UofI (that’s Illinois) although in-state for Business School and Engineering is over 34K according to the info packet we received last night. Yes that is C.O.A. IN-STATE! Can you say … ROLL TIDE!!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide dad2ild! DD is not applying anywhere else! She is solid in her commitment to Bama. We are even flying the flag in front of our house right now!</p>

<p>Dad2ILD - Great Choice for your S its a great Campus …</p>

<p>I dont get it why IL schools offer so little to their Instate students. I cant find one school who has a reasonable package, but other neighbors States like Iowa, Ohio and Michigan offer good FA to their Instate students… No wonder folks are leaving in Buses from IL towards South…</p>

<p>^^^ @D2014 … Thanks, but it wasn’t a really hard choice for us. My D is in her 3rd year at UA this year, so S would be following her there. They’ll have one year of overlap, which is nice so he has a touch-point there his Freshman year. AND we have the added BONUS of extending our Bama experience an extra 3 years! RTR!!! You’re right though, our poor state fails in so many respects to keep it’s best and brightest student that choose to go elsewhere because our Flagship is in such a mess financially due to our state being in such a mess financially. It’s a shame really because it’s a really good school. Oh well, blink and that feeling is gone.</p>

<p>My D’s ACT score went from 29 to 32 changing her scholarship awards . Anyone know how long until she gets updated scholarship info???</p>

<p>^^^First, Congratultions to your daughter!!
Did your daughter put the University of Alabama’s code in when she retook the ACT test? If not, you will have to pay and have the score sent to UA from the ACT website. I would wait a week or so and then make sure that the updated score is reflected in her UA records. The scholarship should then upgrade automatically. Call if you do not receive the updated scholarship info. Get the new scholarship offer in writing.</p>