Prospective PreBiz/Business/Econ Major- Where to go!?

<p>My dilemma is choosing among USC, UC Berkeley, UCI, and UCSD.
Considering their location, programs especially, etc.
The choice might seem obvious, but so many factors!</p>

<p>USC: Accepted to Marshall, still waiting for Financial Aid. Probably my top choice right now considering they have a great business program and a nice campus. It’s pretty close to home, which I love! However, private school…? I don’t know how the environment will be since I’m more of a public school type of person. Furthermore, I won’t know a lot of people at USC. It might not be a bad thing, but it still factors into my decision a little bit.</p>

<p>UC Berkeley: Also great business program at Haas, but the admission into the Haas School of Business is not guaranteed. I’m a Spring Admit deciding if I do go to Cal, attend a community college in the fall, and then Cal in the spring. But it’s so far! I don’t really want to go so far away from home (I know, usually people want to get as far away as possible). Also, their breadth requirements for Haas has changed and AP tests no longer credit for their requirements. If I don’t get into Haas, probably Econ major, so there’s a backup plan.</p>

<p>UCI: Paul Merage School of Business. New business program so it’s pretty unpredictable, but it’s still a business program. I know lots of friends who will attend and the environment is lovely! The closest one to home, so it’s good in its own ways. Debatable though on their business program and how good it is. Especially since I have those other choices. But as opposed to Berkeley, guaranteed in their school of business so I’ll be majoring in what I want to pursue.</p>

<p>UCSD: No specific business program, accepted at Econ major at Thurgood Marshall. Haven’t visited yet, but heard the campus is kind of boring at places, but overall, beautiful campus. Marshall is a pretty good college with relatively light GE’s compared to the other colleges (except Muir). Fairly good aid, about half of tuition covered by SD and federal aid.</p>

<p>Obviously, UC’s are cheaper than USC, so that plays a big role in decision-making.</p>

<p>Any other info about the comparison of these colleges are welcome!
Dining, social life, classes, etc etc.</p>

<p>Opinions, comments, advice, suggestions!?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>I would prefer going to CAL if you want to get into business, I know Haas is pretty hard to get in but just work your ass off your first year and after that it'll be smooth sailing from thereon. I think CAL would be beneficial for you academically and career-wise. If I had to start over, I wish I applied to CAL. Many of my friends are pleased with Haas. And yes, as you stated already, if you dont get into Haas, Econ isn't a bad to fall back on. Good luck.</p>

<p>Thanks! I'm still debating if I want to go that faaaar.</p>