Prospective Student Dinner ??

I’m out of state so maybe that is something to do with this but basically I got an email tonight inviting me and 1 guest (parent etc.) to a Prospective Student Dinner in Boston in September - the contact info for it was Kati Clark who seems to be the main admissions counselor who deals w National Merit Finalist and Scholars (which I am not) and when I looked the event up online without going through the email I received I couldn’t find any info on it. Is this a normal thing? Has anyone gone to one of these before? Is this a good thing as far as hopes for scholarships? like I have a good ACT score and ECs and applied early (engineering) but I’m a but confused… Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

These are fairly new events. I know they had one near us last year, no guarantees but at the one in our state they had a drawing for a scholarship amongst those in attendance ( wow! ), asked for a few representatives of either current/past students or parents, & a representative from the university is present to answer your questions. We know of a few who attended in our state - they thought it was a great event to attend. Hope that helps :slight_smile: