Prospective Student Questions

<p>Hi guys, I’m planning on applying to UoA, and I was wondering two things:

1. Do we send both SATs and SAT2s, or just SATs?
  2. When you declare a major on your application, is it something you have to stick with? Right now I’m not sure whether to go for the business/german double major, or the economics/political science double major. The problem is that the two are in different colleges, so I need to know whether this is binding.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>My D only sent in ACT. She also ended up switching her major at orientation. She went from school of education to communications in a different college. Didn’t seem to be an issue. In fact they asked in her small group if any one was thinking of changing majors to split off to show them how to do it and get them to that advising group. She has changed yet again within the same college since then.</p>

<p>Only need SAT or ACT with writing.</p>

<p>You can change your major on MyBama…Academics tab…scroll down left column. You may have to be accepted to change your major, not sure, won’t really matter since acceptances will come pretty quickly.</p>

<p>^^^Mom, S3 took the ACT with writing in April but only got a 30. He got a 31 without writing in June. Do you know if we send in both, the would count his writing score for April, but his ACT score for June? He is going to retake the ACT in September with writing but want to know just in case he doesn’t do better then.</p>

<p>I do not believe that UA superscores so he would need the test with the writing portion.</p>

<p>My D also changed her major after she was accepted. No problems.</p>

<p>They use the highest ACT score in one sitting for scholarships whether is has the writing portion or not. But you have to send one that has the writing portion also.<br>

</p>

<p>[FAQ</a> Regarding ACT/SAT Writing Scores - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/faq/writing-faq/]FAQ”>http://gobama.ua.edu/faq/writing-faq/)</p>

<p>While the UA doesn’t super score, they will accept the writing from the lower score and the higher composite from his highest ACT without the writing. As long as a student has a writing score for the SAT or ACT it doesn’t matter. The higher composite determines the scholarship award. Congratulations.</p>

<p>^^^Thanks for answering my questions. Hopefully his September ACT score with writing will be 32+ but if it isn’t, at least I know that his 31 will count.</p>

<p>Ah, good to know. Thanks. I just remembered that they did not super score.</p>

<p>No- I changed my major like 3 times just this summer already. And don’t worry, business and economics are both in the business college, so you know that you will definitely be signing up for the business intro classes, no matter what. And I’m assuming you’re going to take German regardless of whether you major in it or not,so again, you don’t have to worry about spending a whole semester in a class then changing your major and finding out all the time you spent there was useless. Plus, unless you have a lot of AP/IB credit, most of your first semester classes are going to be general education type things. And in the business college, you don’t even declare a major til around the end of your sophomore year, I believe. Good luck!</p>

<p>Question. I am sending in my senior schedule. Should I mail it to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions or is there somewhere I can email it to?</p>

<p>Can anyone tell me what Alabama’s education majors are like? I’m currently considering a major in education, probably elementary education. Thank you.</p>