Prospective students...don't forget to do Scholarship app by Dec 1st!

<p>I’ve heard from some who didn’t know that they ALSO have to submit a scholarship application even though they have the stats for the assured scholarships. It’s a formality, but you DO HAVE TO SUBMIT the scholarship application.</p>

<p>Also…there are other scholarships available, so…</p>

<p>be sure to put down a major so you can be considered for dept scholarships (even if your stats aren’t high enough for the assured scholarships.)</p>

<p>The College of Education seems to have its own scholarship application, so be sure to use that as well if you’re an Ed major.</p>

<p>Not sure, but Nursing may also have some of its own scholarship apps.</p>

<p>hmm…do they have to receive all the stuff (SAT scores and transcript) before dec. 1 as well?</p>

<p>That’s a good question.</p>

<p>Last year, those who applied by Dec 1st were given extra time to get scores and transcripts in, but I don’t know if that is policy or not.</p>

<p>Thanks m2ck for the friendly reminder about the scholarship application.</p>

<p>Do you know if the Business School publishes their scholarship levels? Are they as generous as engineering? </p>

<p>My DS has SAT scores that will qualify for 2/3 tuition (730 M + 610 CR = 1340). </p>

<p>On his application he selected his major as: Management Information Systems. He says he would be equally as happy with Computer Science in the Engineering school, as both majors would work well for his intended career choice.</p>

<p>The engineering school seems like they would pick up the remaining 1/3 PLUS $2500. Do you know if the business school has a similar offering if he sticks with MIS?</p>

<p>Also, how easy is it to change his intended major at this point? Meaning, after acceptance but before scholarship application is submitted.</p>

<p>I think that ONLY engineering does that upgrade to full tuition for certain scores.</p>

<p>Is your son going to take the SAT again in November? If not, he should.</p>

<p>Since your son says that he’d be happy to major in Computer Science, I would suggest that he change his major NOW to that. He’d get full tuition PLUS $2500 per year. BIG difference!!!</p>

<p>No big deal to change major at THIS point. Go to MyBama…academics tab…scroll down…left hand column…look for the link to change major. Then on scholarship app, put Comp Sci.</p>

<p>not that i want to change majors, but i can’t seem to find the link to do it…</p>

<p>mom,</p>

<p>Did you mean U of Alabama At Birmingham?</p>

<p>Did you mean the undergrad application not separate scholarship application as it states</p>

<p>ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ENTERING FRESHMEN:</p>

<p>High school seniors/entering freshmen are automatically considered for all university-wide academic scholarships once they are accepted to UAB. Merit scholarships are awarded on a first come-first served basis to eligible entering freshmen. Students who wish to be considered for merit scholarships should postmark the undergraduate application and all supporting credentials (official transcript and official ACT and/or SAT scores) by December 1 of the senior year in high school. Admission applications completed after December 1 of the senior year will be considered on a funds-available basis.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>???</p>

<p>NO…University of Alabama…in Tuscaloosa…</p>

<p>UAB may have a similar policy, but this forum is almost exclusively about The University of Alabama…the flagship…in T-town.</p>

<p>Did you have a question about UAB or Bama??</p>

<p>Where are you applying?</p>

<p>What are your stats?</p>

<p>What is your major?</p>

<p>Thanks m2ck!</p>

<p>My son did apply at UAB.</p>

<p>His stats: Wt GPA=4.23; SAT1=2250; ACT=35; SAT2: Math 2C=800, Chem=800, Bio=740; Physics=740.</p>

<p>His major: BioEng.</p>

<p>Although Bama doesn’t have Bio Eng specifically, your son should also apply to Bama. Others who have a Bio Engineering interest, major in MechE with a bio minor or Chem E with a bio minor. </p>

<p>With his stats, he would definitely get free tuition PLUS $2500 per year…but he would also be a strong candidate for the Crimson scholarship - which is a lot more.</p>

<p>He could do medical research with Dr. Guy and Kim Caldwell
[Home</a> | The Caldwell Lab](<a href=“http://bama.ua.edu/~gcaldwel/]Home”>http://bama.ua.edu/~gcaldwel/)</p>

<p>Info about their research… [Research</a> | The Caldwell Lab](<a href=“http://bama.ua.edu/~gcaldwel/research.html]Research”>http://bama.ua.edu/~gcaldwel/research.html)</p>

<p>What is your son’s career interest? Medicine? Research?</p>

<p>Hello All! As an entering freshman (applying for the Fall semester following your senior year of high school), a student will need to send a completed application for admission, official high school transcript (grades 9-11), official ACT or SAT scores, application fee, and the completed scholarship section of the application for admission by December 1st of their senior year in high school. The national October ACT and the national November SAT are the last college entrance examination results accepted for scholarship consideration. Hope this helps!</p>

<p>taggggggggggg</p>

<p>^^^^^</p>

<p>???</p>

<p>How does one attach an essay to the on line Scholarship Application?</p>

<p>There should be an upload link for the resume for CBH.</p>

<p>If I remember correctly, you copy/paste essays.</p>