Prospective Transfer Student

Currently, a sophomore attending a public university in NY. I’ll be applying as a junior. I want to get into Business college. I know that I need to meet all prerequisite courses and complete 12 credits at UW Madison before applying to business college. If I do everything right and on time, will I be eligible to apply business school for Fall 19?

Ethnicity: Caucasian (international student from Turkey)
Major: Business Administration concentrating in Finance
College GPA: 3.78
Credits: Not sure but it will be around 60
HS GPA: 3.9ish
SAT: Never took it. Also, not required
TOEFL: Graduated HS in the USA. Also, I got A’s from 2 writing college courses
LoR: I can get one from a business prof or dean of international admissions. Not sure if I should take it
Essays: I think essays are my weakest points

College ECs:

• Member of Turkish-American Association
  • Member of Investment Club
  • Member of Honor Society Club
  • Have done some interns in Turkey
  • Working part-time on campus

High School EC/Awards (not all, just ones I’m including)

• Couple community works
  • Done abroad community work
  • Some clubs in HS

GL to all.

As a transfer student your high school information will not be used to consider admission to the School of Business. Are you currently taking classes in NY? How many credits will you have by the end of Spring 18? As an international student, you are required to take a minimum of 12 credits per semester. Assuming you are applying for transfer admission for Fall 18, if you enter UW with more than 61 credits you will be ineligible to apply to the School of Business (61+24=85, 85 is the maximum credits you may have earned to still be eligible to apply the the WSB)

@oboemom65 I am currently taking classes in NY. By the end of Spring 18, I will have around 57-58 credits. If I enter UW with 57-58, I will have around 81-82 credits at the end of Spring 19. Do you think I have a shot for UW Madison?

I don’t chance students. I am happy to provide the information I know, but I don’t chance students.

Pay attention to credit requirements!