Providence Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Providence Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

No updates for my son, I haven’t seen any info for my son’s EA

1 Like

Could he have applied regular decision?

He applied early action.

Perhaps you should call over to admissions. I thought EA decisions went out before Christmas.

1 Like

Does anyone have any idea when RD decisions begin rolling out?

last year it was March 14th

1 Like

I think regular decision is coming out soon because my kiddo (early action) just got this letter. She was admitted but given no merit in EA. Got this today and looks like regular will be out soon…

The Committee on Scholarships at Providence College recently concluded the review of all our Regular Decision applications. After considering your academic performance in the context of our entire applicant pool, we are pleased to inform you that your scholarship status has changed. If you log-in to the Admission Status Portal and view your original admission decision letter, you will find your new scholarship award.

Because of your outstanding academic and personal achievements, you have been selected to receive the Albertus Magnus Scholarship, a highly selective award in the amount of $22,000 per year totaling $88,000 over the course of four years.

3 Likes

I hope it comes out soon!

Good luck :four_leaf_clover: to everyone tonight :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Anyone know what time they usually release results?

They said evening… I would assume sometime after 5pm

My son was accepted! No merit :frowning:

stats please? congrats!

OOS, private Catholic high school, 4.0ish gpa, 30 ACT, strong recommendations, good essays, middle to weak ec’s

1 Like

My son was accepted too but without merit….not good

My daughter was placed on the Wait List last night and is over-the-moon happy that admission to her “dream school” remains a possibility. I’ve seen data suggesting that WL chances have increased over the past few years, so I remain hopeful that she can secure a place at PC.

Two more months of waiting isn’t ideal, but it’s a small price to pay to attend the school you know is going to be the best fit. Fingers crossed!

Unfortunately, only 3 got in off the waitlist last year and with the increase in applications this year, best to look at accepting a offer at another school.

Interesting … the data I saw from the prior year was much higher. Nonetheless, we keep hope alive! :wink:

My son was waitlisted also … and we are not filling out the form… it was a reach school for us financially unless he received any merit …being on the waitlist only adds to the realization that he will most likely not get any sort of merit … we have moved on … waitlists are too risky for us to wait on …

1 Like