Providence College Early Action / Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Not sure what of this impact merit and honor program decision but here’s the summary: 1510 SAT; 3.9UW/4.3W taking most difficult course load school offers. Top 5% of class. Two 4-credit college courses in intended major at Harvard and Tufts. Two varsity sports at very competitive HS (8 varsity seasons total). Captain, MVP, first team all state in one. 10 APs. Pres of Speech/Debate; Pres/Founder of French Club; NHS; AP Scholar; Tons of volunteer hours. Solid other ECs and leadership; FT job each summer since 14 yo.

1 Like

Congratulations!!
Did your letter specifically say you were invited into Honors? Because my son also got the $27k St Joseph Scholarship but I don’t think honors was mentioned.

It was actually on the front page of the portal under the View Status link. Almost missed it!

Thank you!! It’s there!!

1 Like

Impressive!

Son was accepted to PC also to Umass

1 Like

Hi. When did your son apply to Umass? Also when did he find out?

I was accepted into PC with a 3.9W and a 3.5 UW GPA. I took 5 AP and 10 honors classes. I applied as an accounting major and got up to Calculus. I was in the top third of my high school class. I also scored a 1320 superscore SAT, 710 English, and 610 Math. I think what helped me get in was my demonstrated interest as I did an interview, fall open house, and toured multiple times.

1 Like

He did early action applied Nov 4th he heard last

1 Like

Last week

1 Like

D accepted but no merit scholarship was given. This is her only school where it wasn’t given, is there anyway we can try to get some by showing what other schools have given her? This is her top choice and she was very excited when she got accepted.

1 Like

Okay thank you!

Welcome. Good luck

1 Like

S was accepted. 3.8 UW. 1310 SAT. No merit so he will not be attending. I’m an alumnae so mixed feelings on all of it.

Daughter accepted from Florida this is her top choice. 3.65 UW 4.2 W, Associates Degree from Early College program, good ECs, one great rec, etc. didn’t submit test scores.

1 Like

Daughter Accepted Honors with Merit. 4.0, strong EC’s,
10% ranking in competitive Catholic HS. Did not submit SAT score.

My son was accepted. 4.1 W 1470 SAT. No merit. I was very surprised by this!

1 Like

HI- same with my son. Stats are 4.0W and 1430 SAT- accepted with no merit.

1 Like

I believe the website you had to have a 4.0 unweighted or they don’t even consider you for merit.

Really frustrating and kinda ridiculous.