PSA - Fall "transfer" 2020 - Updates, Q/A, Information

My son is PSA. Has 7 tabs in Howdy as of this morning.

Congratulations @GigEm’98. That is much earlier than it happend to us last year.

Congratulations!! What sister school did your son attend?? And what are the 7 tabs, I thought there were only 6?

With transfer students, there is no set answer on timeline. Since the admissions office doesn’t make the final decision, they do, however, review applications to make sure all requirements for the major are met. If application is complete and meets requirements, they forward application to the department of major where it is further reviewed. If the applicant is deferred for Spring grades, the timeline is further skewed.

That is all I know. Good luck!!

All, just joining this group, we were in the admissions group last year. So, we have been waiting over a year and a half to get into TAMU. My husband just called as we still have the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark, as we have had for two weeks. He asked if we needed anything else for approval. The lady that he spoke with was unbelievably rude and told him, you are just going to have to be patient. But, it wasn’t in a very nice way at all. We are pretty annoyed. Our daughter is headed to OU (my husband went to Texas, so this is all very humorous), and OU has been fantastic! They did a zoom call with 8 other kids and helped her look over her schedule. When she needed changes, they had a one on one call with her and they changed her schedule. TAMU has not been a good experience this year or last. It’s just wait on us, we aren’t here to help you. You are just lucky to go here type attitude. I have to say, we are pretty disappointed in how they are treating our top 15%, honor student, with a 1320 on the SAT who did everything they asked (3.8 GPA at Tarleton) and won’t even answer a question.

@JaceyK @OMGdontblink @libbyshims

Today we have all green check marks, ‘Your application is complete & in Review’ and Change Major button option has gone too!

@Scotsfi My son’s audit report shows ALL college credit taken including dual credit. He has 54 transferable hours with 3.67 GPA (Dual credit: 6 Bs from English/History/Economics and the rest were As in Science/Math classes lol). Good news is all his credits transferred. He asked if he was a junior now. lol.

Thank you! He went to Tarleton in Stephenville. The tabs are Home, Applicant, My Record, My Finances, Student Life, Research, and My Howdy.

@JaceyK

I like your son’s thinking! :wink:
Where in My Howdy/AIS do you find the audit report? 
did this audit report appear when you got all green check marks or a few days after?

@scotsfi on Howdy, look for Manage Application link (it was in the middle of page for my son) - click on link and scroll towards bottom, you should see a drop down box for report (should only be one report anyway). Click view or ok (I don’t remember and son isn’t around to point it out). The report will pop up in a new tab/window.

Edited to add - not sure - we didn’t even know to look for it until today.

My son just received the letter that he’s been admitted. Whoop! Good luck to everyone!!!

Green checkmarks as of today—still 3 tabs. Looks like we are about a week behind you guys @JaceyK & @OMGdontblink :slight_smile: I don’t see a change of major button, either.

@GigEm’98 Congrats!!!

@JaceyK ours says ‘you do not have any transfer audits at this time’. however, we just got the green checkmark today. Hopefully, his credits transfer. :neutral:

I have a question, since we just rejoined from last year, how many folks have been accepted officially on PSA, and does anyone know if they are working the applications like they did initially, by major, or are they working them as the received them in Jan/February? OR are they working them from transfer college (Tarleton sent them all at once)? We are still yellow with an exclamation mark, no changes. I have PTSD. My son, not so much. The final transcript says it was received on 5/18.

@jonesfam5 If your son met all of the requirements per PSA agreement and they received all documents in time, you don’t have to worry so much. There is another person’s son here that went to Tarleton that received acceptance (GigEm’98) - I think they received transcript after your son’s. What major did your son choose for PSA? And did they choose that same major when submitting the application (for transfer)? It’s possible that they are processing by department of major like they do for transfers.
My son originally applied to TAMU as a BIMS major, but chose Biochemistry for his PSA major and re-applied as such.

Re: your earlier post, I agree that it’s a hard pill to swallow, but I also know that they (admissions who answer the phones) are human - not sure how much the dynamics changed at their office with COVID so it’s highly possible that they are very understaffed - not used to being without so many student workers. Who knows? I would give the benefit of the doubt due to current circumstances. My son was in top 12% with 29(actually 29.25) ACT (met minimum requirements in all subjects). So this was a slap in the face, but because he loves TAMU so much, he got up and persevered as so many of us have. I don’t think that the admissions/recruiters should be held accountable for the school’s reputation (if that makes sense) - there is so much more to the school that makes it so great. BTW OU does have a great reputation - congratulations to your daughter! And hang in there - this will all be behind us soon!

@jonesfam5

Hang in there :smile:

Yesterday my son’s Howdy account updated thru the day 
the info that it showed at 9am changed by noon. 
 we too had the yellow exclamation mark for about 10 days prior to that. The important (& reassuring) thing is TAMU’s in receipt of your son’s final Spring transcript.
Now - how they work thru applications ??? 

@GigEm’98 is the first PSA acceptance I have seen share their great news on this format 
 & I think they were a Tarleton system school student like y’all.

Howdy! Just wanted to hop back on and give you guys a quick time line of how things went for my sons AIS updates. TAMU received his Final Transcript from Tarleton on 5/18. His Audit report was generated on 5/26. His Howdy portal changed to 7 tabs yesterday morning and he received his Admittance letter later morning/early afternoon in AIS yesterday as well.

I feel the process also has a lot to do with the sister school. My son contacted a handful of his PSA buddies at Tarleton, and they too received acceptance yesterday. What helped tremendously is that Tarleton (Stephenville) sent their final transcripts automatically once all their finals were taken and grades turned in. Hope this bit of info helps. Good luck everyone and gig em!

@jonesfam5
We all understand your frustration. My son graduated Magna Cum Laude from an extremely competitive high school with a 31 on the ACT. Assistant Captain of his varsity sports team and also played travel sports. He was given the PSA path. He turned down some amazing scholarship offers to go down this path. In the end, we think it was the best thing that happened to him. It humbled him and made him work hard to prove himself.

@JaceyK thanks for the advice, you are correct, on all reports. Our son was also BIMS and so, as you remember, we were one of the last groups to find out during admission last year. I’m sure that my anxiety is a carry over from last year. He decided to change his PSA to public health and he has applied at TAMU with the equivalent, health sciences. I remember how qualified everyone in the BIMS group was last year and was so impressed with the caliper of applicants. @GigEm’98 we also are coming from Tarleton, same dates on transcripts from Spring being delivered to TAMU, 5/18. All documents have been received for admission. We just haven’t sent in the meningitis records, yet (says after acceptance). Thank you for the support and encouragement. Again, major PTSD from last year creeping in. :confused: