PSA - Fall "transfer" 2020 - Updates, Q/A, Information

@Scotsfi yes it was with a couple hours of the 7 tabs

@OMGdontblink @scotsfi @libbyshims @jonesfam5 we should schedule a zoom session to celebrate! LOL - would be interesting to meet all of you, I mean after all, weā€™ve been through this together for the last 1.5 - almost 2 years!

@Scotsfi - still nothing today. But I know it is coming - kid had everything in order and on time etcā€¦just the waitingā€¦booooo. When did your transcript/audit report show?

@libbyshims

transcript audit report showed on 06/04.

My son said a friend of his who is still waiting (PSA also) called TAMU admissions on Wed as several others in their group at TAMUCC had received tabs/acceptances on that day. (06/10) and was told they would all hear by 06/14 ā€¦but as that dateā€™s a Sunday and weā€™re now into the weekend Iā€™m thinking Tues of next week is realistically the next opportunity for an update.

Itā€™s a bit like Christmas in our house right now ā€¦ā€˜how many more sleeps?ā€™ !! :wink:

Just checking in. My son is still waiting for his official acceptance. He successfully completed his 1st year at Tarleton as a Computer Engineering major (originally applied Bims)

Finally received all green check marks 6/12

@wewait

Good news on the green check marks!
Have you received a transfer audit yet? That seems to be the next stage in the step by step process.
If you have that then itā€™s just really a case of hanginā€™ in there :smile:

Hi everyone! Our son got 7 tabs today! Happy tears of joy! What is NSC? Orientation? @OMGdontblink @ JaceyK @Scotsfi @libbyshims @Krb2000 @AggieMomhelp @CadetTAMU

@jonesfam5

OH YEAH!! - what a great way to start a new week :smile:

Yes -NSC is the equivalent of orientation and this year itā€™s being done virtually over a 2 day period I think. There will be info sessions for students (& parents too I think) and then a session when each student will have time with an academic advisor to make class selections/schedule.

@jonesfam5 Congratulations!! Great news!

@Scotsfi and @wewait Good luck, sending good vibes!

@JaceyK @OMGdontblink @libbyshims @jonesfam5
We have 7 tabs !!!

( & if I close my eyes Iā€™m sure I can hear a faint accompanying trumpet fanfare :wink: )

After looking every day for the past 2 weeks, I finally have 7 tabs!
How long until an official acceptance comes so I can sign up for the Corps and NSC?
(History Major, Transfer Audit done on 6/04)

@CadetTAMU we are going to send an email to the corps recruiter right after we get the official acceptance, FYI. BTW, what is your name? Iā€™m going to tell PJ you are on here.

@jonesfam5 I actually got in contact with one of the recruiters who had emailed me earlier in the semester. He allowed me to apply for an outfit sooner, so a few hours ago I got an email saying that I had been accepted into Squadron 18! Just waiting on the official acceptance in AIS so I can sign up for NSC. Also, you can tell him C/Eatwell and he may know me as I was one of the more known Air Force cadets at Tarleton. But then again, Army and Air Force cadets rarely did stuff together so he may not.

@CadetTAMU congratulations!!! I love hearing this. Iā€™ll have him do the same thing. Is that the outfit you wanted to be in? Good news!

@Scotsfi @JaceyK @OMGdontblink @jonesfam5
WE HAVE 7 TABS!!!

@OMGdontblink @JaceyK

Just wondering if either of you have received any follow up acceptance material via regular mail since your admissions?

Congrats to @Scotsfi @libbyshims and all the new Aggies who worked tirelessly to make it happen for them this year. You all deserve a huge whoop!

@Scotsfi yes, my son got his banner last Saturday! It was fast!

@JaceyK - Iā€™m so happy they send them a banner. We are still 7 tabs as of this morning - before 9am. Hoping to get something today!

1 Like

@libbyshims AIS should also have a Congratulations messageā€¦sonā€™s showed up within a few hours of getting 7 tabs. BTW does anyone know what the 7th tab is? Used to be just 6 tabs? :slight_smile: