PSA - Fall "transfer" 2020 - Updates, Q/A, Information

@JaceyK

Would the Congrats message show up in the place where ‘Complete & In Review’ was or should we be looking elsewhere?

@Scotsfi Yes…under AIS.

@Scotsfi @libbyshims

Awesone! Congratulations! Wow what a journey it has been. Took about 5 days to get the banner in the mail and and 3 more days until he let me take his picture with it! What an awesome day!

ACCEPTED!!! NSC registered July 9-10th. Husband, brother and myself put on our Aggie wear and went into his room. He had worked until 4:30am this morning, so he wasn’t as excited as he will be when he wakes up later today. Now to get that darn Financial Aid award. lol

@Scotsfi it showed up in both the “communications” tab on AIS and it was all over the page where it showed the check marks and the progress in AIS. We got it this morning!!! WOO HOO!

I’m anxiously waiting for my son to get home from a camping trip so he can check! He only received the green check marks this past Friday, so I’m not sure how much longer we’ll be waiting or if it will already be there when he logs in next time. ??

AIS updated !! …& NSC registered July 9th/10th
It’s official :smile:

We are registered on July 16/17th based on major. Super excited!!

What a relief for all of us. If I never meet you all, congratulations to all your hard working kiddos!!!

Can someone explain the undergrad tuition rate code selection? Any recommendations what to choose?
This is all transfer student options:
All transfer and re-admit students, beginning fall 2016, will have a choice of opting into
The current four-year locked rate, which is a compounded four-year average based on the current Higher Ed. Price Index or
The locked-rate that corresponds with the calculated remaining years since their first enrolled term after high school (possibly less per hour, but shorter duration before expiration) or
The variable rate, which will adjust each year based on that year’s Higher Ed. Price Index

@htxor1

If you get on Facebook and search in the group “Aggie Parents” there is a lot of information about fixed versus variable tuition.

The waiting game is strong here…
son says his audit report is completed but still waiting on those 7 tabs!

We get to start this game all over again when my Jr son applies August 1st. ?

@wewait hang in there. Our audit showed on June 5th. 7 Tabs June 15th and acceptance June 16th. It is coming… :wink:

How long did it take for the online orientation tab to show up once accepted?

@Ag23hopefull
How to access Online Orientation

Click on the My Record Tab
Scroll down to the the New Student Conference Preparation Box
Click the Complete your mandatory New Student Conference Online Orientation link to get started

On average, students will take about one hour to complete the modules, and they do not have to be done all at once. If you need to take a break, your progress will be saved for you.

Mine isn’t showing a new student conference preparation box, does it take a day or 2 to show up once accepted? @OMGdontblink

@Ag23hopefull it might take 48 hours to show up. I honestly don’t remember exactly. He was doing a lot those first days after acceptance. I would give it 48 hours and then maybe call.

Hi! My daughter will be doing the PSA program with TAMUC this fall any advise? And does anybody know how financial aid works when we transfer to TAMU? And when we need to start looking for dorm/apartment?

No clue about financial aid but many current student book housing in the fall. However… lots of student housing to go around so there won’t be an issue there.

As a sophomore, she probably won’t want a dorm (especially if she does dorm life at CC).

Again lots of housing. Many options on type. Most roommate match and are furnished.

@Dallas03
There are several of us on here that had a student at TAMUCC last year as PSA. It was a great program for our son. I don’t know much about Commerce. We got his apartment in College Station in January 2020. Sorry I can’t help you with financial aid.