PSA - Fall "transfer" 2020 - Updates, Q/A, Information

@Scotsfi I just called TAMU CS admissions to determine if they had the spring courses my son is currently taking. They have his spring courses! I don’t recall requesting those to be sent so maybe it’s an automatic thing for PSA students?!?

We have until June 1, 2020 to get the final transcript to them. Also confirmed in my most recent call to admissions.

@tisulli That’s good - if you requested transcript when he was in progress for spring courses, I think they automatically include that on transcript. Now to find out why they have final transcript red x’d for “Documents Required for ADMISSION; Your application documents must be received (not postmarked) by the 3/1/2020 closing date”…

@JaceyK @tisulli OK I just called CStat and the message I took away was the final transcript will remain red X. Our kiddos would receive an auto deny letter with a section saying they had until 1st June to submit Final transcript (just as @tisulli mentioned). I guess I was thinking it would have more of a ‘deferred for Spring Grades’ message/feel to it knowing that a final decision can’t be realized til that info is received. I wasn’t thinking quickly enough to ask if this letter was mailed out directly or if it just shows up in Howdy/AIS or both? The guy I spoke with did sound ‘fried’ & on auto pilot. Maybe it’s the end of a long shift for him or we’ve all caught the same guy on the phone when we called over :slight_smile:

@Scotsfi Thank you! I do wish they would word it better or something. Even with that answer, I am cringing on the inside. Lol!

I’m glad to know about the auto deny letter. Thanks for sharing that bit of info @Scotsfi I can pass that along to my son to prevent a major meltdown. LOL. Surely there are other ways to communicate the delayed decision even though it’s guaranteed if the requirements are met.

@jaceyk @tisulli @Scotsfi
I finally called to hear it with my own ears (we probably all called at the same time lol) and spoke to a young lady. She said that even though he ordered the transcript in December they did not get it until January 21st. She could also see the classes he was currently enrolled in at TAMUCC. She said he was all set and only had to submit final grades when spring semester was complete. She also sounded like she was having a long day. Thanks for the heads up about the deny letter. That could be disheartening for sure! It’s been interesting seeing the parents reacting to PSA on FB in the AggieParents group. Poor things!

I’m sorry- I haven’t checked this page in a couple of days. It sounds like y’all are getting it all figured out, though. I know the anxiety you all are feeling because when it is so important to our kids, it becomes so important to each of us. We just read and followed the emails like they were gospel. When I would start to get nervous, I would just tell myself that we had done everything by the book and that we had a contract with them and it would all work out. And it ended being exactly what they promised. It never hurts to call and clarify when you are confused. They may be frazzled too but the purpose of their job is to answer your questions. Hang in there- it’s only about 3 more months and then you all will have Aggies!!

@AggieMomhelp - I meant Northpoint
Crossing…ugh. I am so sorry!

HELP–I’m reading how long it took for transcripts to arrive and am in a panic. DS sent his in last week! Should he call?

@libbyshims Sent from where? We ordered my sons last week too. :confused:

@JaceyK - he is a bit of a hard headed one. He was certain he could mail it in himself. I kept telling him that was not the case, that it had to come right from CC. Finally, he agreed to request it be sent electronically to admissions@tamu.edu- I was pretty much in tears trying to convince him to believe me. lol. Anyhoo…confirmation we requested the transcript electronically go tonight. Will check at the end of the week if it was received. I am going to have an heart attack with this kid.

@libbyshims @JaceyK DS ordered his transcript in December right after the final grades were posted so probably around December 18th or 19th. Looking in AIS it shows they were received on 01/21/20. So that is strange.

@omgdontblink that does not help alleviate my concerns! In fact, that is alarming! :frowning:

@JaceyK I am sorry, I don’t want to alarm you. I would definitely call. I can’t imagine why it takes so long.

@JaceyK @OMGdontblink - I just called Admissions and they said that electronic submissions can show received by the university just not uploaded with a checkmark and they will still be ok. I have the receipt that shows his transcript was sent from CC. Just uploaded the meningitis. She said that both (if electronically submitted) should take about a week to 2 weeks to update on AIS. I said–March 1 deadline is 2 weeks from yesterday. She suggested that if there isn’t a green checkmark by the end of the week to call them and confirm it has been received just not updated in AIS. Sorry if that was worded mumble-jumblely @JaceyK did they send straight from CC–if so, electronic or snail mail?

I read that they want snail mail?? “Students who have completed course work at another college or university and wish to have that credit evaluated for use on a degree plan at Texas A&M University, must provide an official transcript. Transcripts must be received directly from the issuing institution or in a sealed envelope. The Office of Admissions processes all transfer credit from students earn from any other college or university for current and prospective students.”

Submitted electronic just now. Can’t afford to be late.

Just checked Howdy! Meningitis has a green checkmark. Just submitted yesterday…so that is a good sign. :slight_smile:

@JaceyK @libbyshims @ OMGDontblink Plz can I ask how you did the meningitis verification process…Thx.’ Also this item doesn’t need done by 1st March right?? Only once/if you get accepted it’s like a supplementary . Appreciate any advice/insight

@Scotsfi I had our Dr. send us the immunization records and I uploaded them into the AIS under the documents tab, drop down to upload documents.

On another note–I have a screen shot ready to go that shows DS transcript was delivered. So that is good news. Calling on Monday if AIS hasn’t updated and will send them the pic of the date, time and delivery status. At this point that is all I can do. So frustrating…back to waiting again. lol