PSA - Program for System Admissions

if she does to go to Purdue and say no to PSA, A&M will be totally out. and we’ll be considering of finding a job in Indiana so she’ll get in-state tuition (at least in the last 3 years of her undergrad).

Just wanted to share some info with folks waiting for TAMUCC. I called and they are expecting to receive their PSA lists tomorrow, they received one before Spring break and should receive the next one tomorrow. She said if Corpus Christi was offered to you as an option, than you are an automatic admit, and not to worry, you will get in. I called Miramar housing, if you select a building with a view of bay (Pelican and Coral building have a view), keep in mind the odd number rooms have the view of bay, even number rooms have view of parking lot. I found that information very helpful and wanted to share with you, in case that is important to you, too.

@klopez thank you! We are visiting Friday but were hoping he would be accepted by then - looking like it will take time after they get the list so probably not until next week then.

I wasn’t expecting this additional wait. I may have to find one of those zen gardens like @daleNchip and start raking!

Tarleton update:

Molly Stewart replied to my email inquiry and reported that my son was admitted today and he should receive his UID number in one to two days. Once he receives his number, he will be able to apply for housing, scholarships, orientation, etc. Things are happening, finally!

@tisulli , great news!

Did other students get invites to PSA sessions hosted by TAMU? We are in DFW and got invited to one Monday night (3/25) in Coppell and/or Wednesday night (3/27) in Arlington. My son will be scheduled to work Wednesday, so we’ll be attending the Coppell session. Will anyone else be there?

@klopez my son chose Mirimar Anchor and picked an odd number side which is dining hall. Even is parking lot. Anchor is one of the private room/private bath. The lower numbers are close to the stairs and the common areas/the higher numbers just to the other stairwell. He choose middle.

@jaceyK - with housing- if your son decides he wants to go, speak to housing. They let my son fill out his form, put in his choice and then sent us the lease to sign the next day. At that time, they were running a special for spring break-no deposit and no application fee-so we weren’t out the cash if for some reason he changed his mind. Ask and they may waive that for you.

Also, when you are there, stop by admissions and see if your sons documents arrived. If this is where he wants to go, let them know that he is coming. They will then try to push his to the top of the list. this was told to me by the PSA counselor. He said they receive hundreds of applications each week, and half don’t come to CC. This way, they can put yours to the top if they know he is coming.

@daleNchip My son didn’t receive anything. Did yours already accept admission to a PSA school? And I forget, did yours get PSA about a week before mine? Wondering if maybe that’s why. He got his on 3/5 and accepted that night.

@libbyshims thank you for that! I am crossing fingers/toes that he will be satisfied with CC. We have a meeting with the PSA advisor one hour before the tour so we will ask then.

We didn’t get an invite to a PSA meeting either. My daughter got PSA on 3/4, and I think accepted Commerce 3/5 and added Tarleton on 3/14. We have heard back from Commerce, but not from Tarleton.

My son received an invite to the PSA event too. We are in DFW like @daleNchip and had the option of Coppell or Arlington. We will attend the Arlington session. It came late yesterday afternoon. I’m not sure what triggered it, he chose Commerce and Tarleton. Surely they will offer additional sessions.

Okay I goofed - my son didn’t receive PSA offer (officially) until 3/8, and I am sure they are rolling out the sessions by area - we are in the Houston area.

another Tarleton update…

my son received his NTNET network account and the Tarleton Go email account information this morning. it was about 24 hours from time of admission to receipt of UID email.

now the fun begins!

DS is still not a 100% decided but leaning heavily on PSA Corpus Christi. We don’t have our credentials from CC yet so we can’t register for anything yet. @JaceyK and @klopez I Googled Momentum Village and the ratings are terrible (also a friends son is a freshman there). Seems Miramar residence halls are the way to go. I am not finding hardly any information of the residence halls though. We are planning a visit soon. Getting so nervous about not getting a dorm room.

@OMGdontblink We are probably doing Miramar because they are 9 month leases - you won’t get that anywhere else. And I will let you know what they say about availability - hoping we can do the lease tomorrow too. We will see.

@JaceyK I hope you get a room. Can’t wait to hear about your visit. I keep forgetting college visits don’t affect exemptions. Just rescheduled our visit to the 29th.

Finally got TAMU CC ID yesterday late. DS didn’t check until today. Still not admitted yet. They still need documentation transferred from TAMU CS.

DS got his ID for CC too. We did the tour today, and it was pretty standard offering same services that most universities do. Campus is on an island and most buildings are pretty close and accessible. They do have some pretty large classes (150-200) so it’s not as ideal as I had hoped. BUT he is taking science/math with labs so I am hoping they are not that large. The dorms are pretty nice. Two bedrooms with “jack and Jill” bathroom in between so they get their own private room in a sense. We spoke to the director of admissions and recruitment. He said that both Miramar and Momentum housing are at 50% so we are good I think. We do have to be admitted before submitting housing application. Also there are no specials now but they usually run something around islander day. Ask me questions. Maybe I will remember. It’s a blur. Lol.

@JaceyK Thanks for the great information. Definitely great news about the dorms. DS will also be taking Math and Science. Looking forward to our visit next week!

We got TAMU CC acceptance this morning.

Haven’t gotten any correspondence from PVAMU but we have a tour scheduled for Thursday. Their tours were booked, but we called the PSA contact and she was able to call recruitment and open a slot for us. Other than the tours, we have not gotten any information from admissions.
The PSA contact asked me to email her once we got the tour scheduled so we could set up a meeting on the same day, so I am hoping she will be able to give us a time frame on how admissions will work. DS is still on the fence, but I’m hoping that he will have a better sense of things after the campus visit and meeting with PSA adviser.