PSA Program?

<p>Hi everyone. I have been waiting nearly 5 months to hear back from A&M and today I finally did! Although I did not get granted full admittance, I did get offered the PSA option of doing one year at another A&M school then full admittance the second year. I am OOS holistic review and I know that only 30% OOS get full acceptance, while 6% get offered another option (such as Blinn or PSA). I don't know much about this program or if it's worth doing. I also am accepted to Auburn University, Drake University, and University of Alabama. I'm not sure whether the PSA is a better option or choosing one of these other schools is. I know there are restrictions with the PSA such as getting a certain gpa in order to transfer to A&M's main campus. </p>

<p>Also, here's a little background:
OOS student
25 act
2.9 gpa unweighted (bad, I know. I messed my freshman year grades up)
majoring in international business with a minor in political science (the only schools that actually have an international business major are Auburn and Drake-at A&M I would have to major in poli sci with a minor in international studies or a minor in business admin)
Going to law school after I get my Bachelor's (therefore the grades I get matter more than the school I attend)
I go to a very small high school that does not do class rank, or weighted gpa.
Fluent in French
Took very hard classes all throughout high school, including this year (my senior year).
DECA business club, Student Leadership and Service Club, Debate Team, Environmental Club, History Club.
Lots of community service hours.</p>

<p>If anyone can give me some advice/info on the PSA program, and if it's worth doing over going to one of these other schools I would be very grateful!</p>

<p>Do the PSA program! You will NOT regret it after just doing one year in the PSA program… the GPA restriction is a 3.0, which to be honest at the PSA schools is very doable… not to mention you’re taking basic courses. I have many friends who did the one year somewhere else and they don’t regret it at all. Normally when you’re in the PSA program, you get roommates/ dorms with other PSA students who are trying to get into A&M. In the long run A&M will do much more for you than the other schools… also, to go to law school you don’t have to major in political science (if that’s what you were thinking). Political science courses here aren’t very hard either. Also… since those are the only two schools that have international business major… it’s a very uncommon degree (it’s mainly a certificate… which A&M DOES offer). </p>

<p>@littlerachelbee I’m doing the PSA as well. Do you know which school is best? I’m leaning towards corpus christi right now. </p>

<p>@kribri18
I don’t know which school is best, but I would recommend Commerce! It’s near Dallas and generally a much safer area than Corpus Christi</p>

<p>@littlerachelbee I’ve already accepted my offer for Corpus… Got an apartment and everything. But thanks anyway.</p>