PSA/Wait list/Top 10%

<p>Does TAMU even have a wait list anymore? I know I've read several posts from a few years back where someone was 'wait-listed.' I was wondering if getting PSA was the same thing.</p>

<p>I got PSA today. Is this it? Is there any way I can be considered for admission? It really sucks to see some people get into my dream school when all they did was CHEAT their way into the Top Ten Percent. Guys, we need to do something about this little piece of legislation. Well qualified students are being denied admission while cheaters and dishonest people are being granted full admission. I personally know a few people who got in with a 17-19 on their ACT simply because they ranked in the top 10%. I'm definitely not saying that all top ten "percent-ers" don't deserve admission, because I know a lot of them are well qualified.
I think the best way to determine an admission decision is by looking at test scores, GPA, RIGOR of courses taken, extracurricular s, AND an interview.</p>

<p>A huge congratulations to all the review applicants who received some kind of admission offer. You guys really deserve it. Go out there and prove the system that being in the top ten percent means nothing. Prove to them that success is about motivation and the desire to achieve a higher quality of life, not some number generated by a heartless computer. </p>

<p>Sorry for my extremely long post. Thank you.</p>

<p>I agree with you on your 10% problem. If you feel strongly about this then I would email your state senator</p>

<p>I just checked and also got PSA. I am 99% sure I’m turning it down and going to Tech, but I want to talk to my parents tonight.</p>

<p>I agree with the 10% problem. I also heard that UT is going to 7% next year and A&M either 8% or 9%. So current juniors will have it tougher than us. I know that I go to a very competitive high school so a lot of great students are at a disadvantage with the flagship schools. The only thing we can do is bother our state congressmen and the governor. Write to them and call them. We’re 18 now and can vote them out!</p>

<p>Yeah, I’m turning it down too. I guess I’ll just go to the University of Houston and see if I can transfer in 2014. </p>

<p>I agree, let’s vote those people out of office! Haha,
Best of luck to you in every decision you make.</p>