psu udel etc nursing.. chance me?

<p>I'm applying to the of course extremely competitive nursing major. I'm applying to:</p>

<p>top 3/reach schools:
Penn State
University of Delaware
The College of New jersey</p>

<p>other:
Bloomsburg university
Westchester university
York College of PA
Drexel University</p>

<p>my stats:
GPA: weighted: 3.83 unweighted: 3.68
SATS: 1220 or 1860 ( a little low i know ....)</p>

<p>took many honors including honors anatomy and physiology this year, 1 AP.</p>

<p>EC:
did a 3 week program (75 hrs total) shadowing doctors in a hospital for one summer then went back the next summer and spent 45 hours shadowing again. (it was really competitive to get into)
environmental action club, french honor society, french club, cheerleading JV for 2 years, Varsity for 1. Work at a local restaurant. </p>

<p>Chances? I'm praying I at least get into one of my top three school but I know it's definitely not guaranteed.</p>

<p>Check out the following thread for PSU:
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/penn-state-university-park/1210052-bubble-chart-chance-yourself.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/penn-state-university-park/1210052-bubble-chart-chance-yourself.html&lt;/a&gt;
Your weighted GPA and SAT scores look pretty good on the bubble chart, but you need to apply early and keep in mind that two years ago PSU had over 1100 applicants for about 120 freshman nursing slots. You might also want to look into where each of these programs have their “clinicals”. IMHO - that is an important consideration.</p>

<p>Thanks! I’ve actually already researched all the schools thoroughly, visited and toured the nursing department/labs of all of them!</p>

<p>You’re welcome! Where does PSU have their nursing clinicals?</p>

<p>Most of the college just go to a large variety of hospitals in the area so I don’t specifically remember which ones were penn state, but I do know that either your junior or senior year for nursing you spend the year at Hershey medical center (and obviously you live in Hershey there)!</p>

<p>I’d add a couple more safety schools. Remember that at colleges such as Bloomsburg and West Chester, it is much more difficult to get into the RN program than the general student body.</p>