Purdue breaks

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could answer my question regarding Purdue’s breaks and how long they are for the 2023-2024 session. I am planning on going there and I from the east coast.

I know there is an academic calendar but I do not find it very clear…would someone be able to help me out?

Thank you in advance.

Current year calendar is at 2022-2023 Academic Calendar - Office of the Registrar - Purdue University

23-24 Calendar is at 2023-2024 Academic Calendar - Office of the Registrar - Purdue University

These are labeled “Academic Calendars”, but include all breaks. Is there something specific that isn’t clear?

Projected calendars through 2029 are at 2017-2029 Projected Academic Calendar - Office of the Registrar - Purdue University

1 Like

Fall break is 10/9- 10/10
Thanksgiving break 11/22-11/26
Winter break is 12/17 - 1/7

1 Like

thank you. what about summer?

Last day of exams next year is May 4th. Summer sessions are always optional.

The linked calendars have
FINAL EXAMS, SEMESTER ENDS
and
FALL SEMESTER CLASSES BEGIN
dates.

It also lists Spring Break, not listed above.

And if this is for travel planning, my kids never travelled home for the 2 day Fall Break.

Do they have classes on weekends? Considering a quick trip back home for my freshman from Oct 7 to 10 for the fall break.

Saturday classes are unusual and you will know if you have one when you register for classes in August. Most students do go home for Fall break.

1 Like

The 7th and 8th are weekend days. As noted, your student will know if they have class on the weekends…not a common thing. Then the 9th and 10th are the fall break.

But this IS Columbus Day weekend…and sometimes getting airline reservations can be a challenge if that is what you are planning. So…look soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.