Purdue Chances

I am a junior out-of-state and just took the ACT in June. I want to major in statistics or data science and really want to go to Purdue.

My stats:

GPA: 4.001 W; 3.92 UW

ACT: 26

Class Rank: 94th Percentile

Classes:
APs: US History, Human Geo, Calculus AB, couple more next year

College Classes: Pre-Calculus, Spanish III

EC’s: Hockey, baseball, football in 9th grade, NHS, Leadership Academy, work at a restaurant and am in LINK an organization that helps freshman get used to high school life.

I know my ACT is a little lower, but I will be retaking it. But with these stats now what are my chances?

Good chances if you get the ACT up to around 30-32

Chances for Purdue Engineering:
OOS, Male
3.7 overall unweighted gpa. Many AP classes. 1420 SAT (720 math/700 writing) , 34 ACT
3 sport kid, lots of volunteering, Science Olympiad, made it to National Science Olympiad tournament received medals at Nationals for engineering; 3 engineering events (3rd place, 6th place and 13th).
Elec. Engineering Internship in Germany this past summer (in German).
Marching band, jazz band, sports, Science Olympiad, volunteering, and lawn care business are main activities.

Current engineering discipline: industrial operations, with economics Interests.

I would say you have a pretty good chance. My D is now a Junior MechE and had 3.8UW, 31 ACT, 4 APs, bands, volunteering and solid but nothing special in terms of EC. Back with rolling admissions, she was accepted within 3 weeks, so I assume wasn’t near the lower cutoffs.

It sounds like it’s a hard Jan. 15th release date? So long from now. Lol.

Decision Plan: Regular
UW GPA: 4.2
SAT/ACT: 35 ACT
AP: 13 APs total and 7 in Math and Physics

In-State or Out-of-State? OOS (TX)
Major: Computer Science

She missed early action. Wondering if its worth applying now.

What’s the unweighted grading scale? UW typically means out of 4.0 so it’s hard to say much with a number higher than that.

I mixed it up. This is weighted. Expected to increase in Jan which probably doesn’t matter.

@sushrao - Purdue fills most of its class in EA. If the cost of the application isn’t prohibitive for your family, go ahead and apply, but consider it a high reach at this point.

With lots of AP and a 4.2 weighted that would mean, on most grading scales, a 3.6 or so unweighted. If so, that’s an odd profile with a 35 ACT and might be a challenge for CS. Is that number accurate.?