Purdue Class of 2016 Admission Decision Thread!!!

<p>Expect a decision in about 2 weeks time i suppose! Best of luck!</p>

<p>Thanks! I can’t wait :D</p>

<p>ACCEPTED!!</p>

<p>Accepted for College of Engineering
Applied: Nov 26 2011
Recieved Decision: Jan 30 2012
GPA: Don’t know (International)
SAT: 1800</p>

<p>ACCEPTED!
Health Sciences program
GPA: 3.1
SAT: 1840
varsity crew, dance, and lots of community work. Private school in California.</p>

<p>I’m in! Computer Engineering :smiley: :D</p>

<p>But I didn’t get an email from Purdue yet! It’s just showing “Offer admission” on the online app status page.</p>

<p>Accepted First Year Engineering (OMG!!!)
Applied: Dec. 20
Received Decision: Feb. 4
GPA: 4.5 W (4.0 UW)
SAT: 2150 (740M, 630W, 780R)
ACT: 31
State: International
School Type: Private
APs: None. But Full-IB Student!!!
Hook: International, I guess!!!</p>

<p>I am so freaking happy I got in!!! Jumped around my room for twenty minutes straight!!! Good luck to all other applicants and congratulations to those accepted!!!</p>

<p>congratulations all of you! </p>

<p>@anchalagrawal: Um, u should be receiving an email in about 2 to 4 days! And congratulations again!</p>

<p>I got it a couple of days ago :)</p>

<p>I submitted my transcripts to Purdue on 3rd Jan 2012 it took them almost 25 days to update these on the application status now my application status reads in committee review or smthn like that. I reallly wanna go to Purdue n this delay is makin me very nervous.I have a SAT score of 1830 n SAT II(phy+chem+math2)2200 i dont thk ill make it seeing the scores on this thread.btw i wanna major in chem eng</p>

<p>um, i think u will make it! but i dont know whether they will ave a look at ur SAT2 as i remember reading smwhere that they do not consider SAT 2 scores in admissions. Have your fingers crossed! And SAT 1 is just one aspect of the admission requirements. If you have a good essay and some good eca’s and if you have a decent school academic record, i think u should be on your way to being a boilermaker! Best of luck!</p>

<p>This not having a look at sat II scores sucks I am an international student from India we have no APs here or course work or anything like u guys the satII gives them a chance to see how good I am at PCM subjects that really matter for eng.</p>

<p>I have been accepted to PSU but I want Purdue. NO one posting on this thread has anything below 1950</p>

<p>my score is below 1950’s , and ur school acedemic record gives them an opportunity to look attt your PCM. And yes, even i got an offer from PSU. And a friend of mine says that PSU is more strict compared to Purdue when it comes to admissions. I dont know to what extent thats true! But, he was rejected by PSU and is now currently in Purdue for computer science. He had a SAT score of 1980. So again, SAT isnt the only thing they look at. Your essay is really important. It has to make them feel as if ur reallly keen on getting into the university. And yes, your school academic record is important as well. Not to forget, ECA’s always give you an extra plus point.</p>

<p>yea Penn State has higher SAT score requirements but m an international student i dnt know much but the engineering program at Purdue seems to be much highly regarded compared to Penn</p>

<p>Accepted!</p>

<p>Accepted for College of Liberal Arts
Applied: Early January
Recieved Decision: Last week of Jan or first week of Feb, don’t remember
GPA: 92/100
SAT: 2020 [700 reading, 690 writing, 640 math]
ACT: 29 [28 on math, 31 reading, 26 science, 35 writing]
State: NY
School Type: Public
APs: 5 on World, 4 on USH and English Language, haven’t taken my Calc AB, Bio, Eng Lit or Macro yet
Hook: Took all APs/Honors that my school offered, excellent recommendations & essay</p>

<p>I got into Aerospace Engineering!</p>

<p>People that have received decisions (RD applicants): when did you apply and when did you get your decision?</p>

<p>My purdue application decision is showing “In committe review” since a month. I sent my application in the first week of jan with the deadline being 15th of jan. I would like to know if this is normal or does this mean ill most probably not be accepted.
Also, tell me my changes to get into purdue.</p>

<p>SAT 1990 , maths - 740 , cr - 600, writing - 650
IELTS - 8.0
86% in my Class X board exams.
Course - Civil Engineering
Good Reccomendations from my physics and maths teacher.</p>

<p>please tell me my chances of getting into purdue?</p>

<p>Thank you</p>

<p>congrats to everyone who got in!</p>

<p>Accepted!</p>

<p>Accepted for College of Science
Applied: January 20th
Recieved Decision: February 20th
GPA: 5.682 (7 pt. scale)
ACT: 27 [32 on english, 28 on math, 32 reading, 24 science]
State: Ohio
School Type: private coeducational boarding and day college preparatory school (very prestigious)
APs: Biology
Hook: Internship at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute (immunology department)</p>