Purdue Class of 2016 Admission Decision Thread!!!

<p>The websites showed my application has been in committee review since Jan 19th, which is more than a month ago. But I still haven’t got my decision! When should I expect my decision? Or does waiting so long mean an auto-rejection?</p>

<p>I’m in!
First Year Engineering!
SAT I- 1940
ACT- 28
GPA- 3.98W ~3.7UW
Mostly honors
4 year sports
National Honor Society
Good Luck!</p>

<p>when did u apply?
when did u get ur decision?</p>

<p>Honors Engineering - Aerospace
Applied: November
Recieved Decision:December
GPA: 3.95 Unweighted
SAT: 2100
ACT: N/A
State: WA
School Type: Public 4A
APs: Bio, US history, Calc AB, Calc BC, Physics, English
Hook: All ECs</p>

<p>has anybody received decisions lately? my status reads in committee review since a month last i had emailed them on 2nd feb they said i would be getting a decision sometime this month…but i dont see that happening</p>

<p>My application says it’s complete under review since Jan 19th. I applied computer/electrical engineering, and I’m an international students. Yet I still haven’t received any decision. It will have been 6 weeks on this Thursday! When should I expect my decision?</p>

<p>Just got in! So excited! Electrical & Computer Engineering!!!</p>

<p>got in Chemical Engineering !!!</p>

<p>Rejected, BS in Physics.
SAT: 2190
SAT II: Math 2: 780, Lit: 780, Phy: 790
GPA: 79% in 9th, 90ish% in 10th, 93ish% in 11th and 61% in 12th.
Excellent essays.
International from India.</p>

<p>Went in review just a couple of days ago. 1st rejection. Needed this shock.
Don’t know if it makes any difference, but applied for an application fee waiver. Listed income as <$10k for a family of 6.</p>

<p>rejected than accepted…</p>

<p>Accepted- Electrical and computer engineering
SAT: 1780
88% in 10th, 77% in 11th and 90% in 12th.
Fair essays
International student from India.</p>

<p>Amazed !</p>

<p>Does anybody know if Purdue gives any aid - need or merit based - to international students?</p>

<p>Even I wanted to know if purdue gives scholarship to International freshmen in sophomore year on basis of their merit and perfomance in freshmen year ?</p>

<p>Purdue doesn’t give any need or merit based to international students when they are admitted as freshmen. It’s possible to get merit based scholarships once you are enrolled. And that’s totally based on your performance at Purdue.</p>

<p>@ WaitingGirl - Where is this infomation available ? On Purdue Website ?</p>

<p>@tarun2012, yes, on the website. I also called the admission office.</p>

<p>@WaitingGirl - Thank you so much for the this news. I am very much relieved. :)</p>

<p>@tarun2012, no problem! I’m also an international kid, and I’m from China! Got in Purdue ECE three weeks ago! :D</p>

<p>@WaitingGirl - Is ECE the electrical and computer engineering program ? If thats it then I was also accepted in ECE a week ago . :slight_smile: Hope to see you in august then .LOl :P</p>

<p>FYI - All incoming students in the Purdue College of Engineering are accepted into the First Year Engineering program. No one is accepted directly into ECE, ChemE, Biomedical, etc. You have to complete the first year engineering requirements with a minimum EAI (think Engineering course GPA) in order to be admitted to your preferred Engineering major. Construction and Biomedical Engineering even require interviews and/or applications and tests. Although the requirements arent extremely difficult to meet, any entering student really needs to understand them since Purdue is traditionally very rigid about meeting requirements. Take a look at the following website if you havent already. <a href=“https://engineering.purdue.edu/ENE/Academics/FirstYear[/url]”>School of Engineering Education - School of Engineering Education - Purdue University;