Purdue Class of 2016 Admission Decision Thread!!!

<p>I was deferred from Purdue when they sent decisions in December. I was a transfer student from India and got a perfect gpa my first semester here, then just 1 B in the following semester. I go to like the second best public school in the state, have a 31 Act score and decent ECs. I sent my 7th semester transcripts in the first week of feb, and it still says complete ready for review on my application status. I called them once in late feb and they said that I’d receive my decision in a week or so but it still says complete ready for review. should i be worried about being admitted?</p>

<p>Oh and my UW gpa now is like a 3.7 and weighted gpa is close to 3.85 because all my indian coursework was considered as regular college-prep even though it was much harder than what I am doing here</p>

<p>ACCEPTED!! College of Science - Computer Science</p>

<p>Application Data
Admission Term: Fall 2012
Admission Type: New First Time
Application Status: Decision Made
Decision: Offer Admission</p>

<p>International Freshman Undergrad
High school cumulative GPA: 3.22
Gr9: 3.01, Gr10: 3.34, Gr11: 3.43, Gr12(First semester): 3.53 (I guess is this improving trend affected the decision)
Extracurricular has a few but not much…
Essay, a good one talking how I wanted to influence the industry.
SAT: CR 490, Math 660, Writing 440
TOEFL iBT: 95</p>

<p>I sent my high school transcript on December 2011, and they processed it just 23/3/2012, then I got the decision made on 24/3/2012, Just saying lol</p>

<p>Denied Admission:</p>

<p>Aerospace Engineering
ACT - 29
GPA - Unweighted: 4.0 - Weighted: 4.2 (Valedictorian)</p>

<p>Good recommendations, played varsity football and basketball all four years, varsity baseball junior year and varsity tennis senior year. Student council VP Senior Year, and Class Officer all four years.</p>

<p>Admission offered</p>

<p>Country: China
Nationality: USA
Cumulative GPA (unweighted): 3.25
Major: Biochemistry
SAT I: Reading 770, Writing 720, Math 710
SAT II: US History 720, Math II 730, Biology M 770</p>