Purdue Class of 2021 EA Acceptance?

My son was admitted to the creative writing undergraduate program at Purdue. Does anyone know how good of a program they have? He was also admitted to Univ of Iowa, and a couple others in the west (where we live). Thanks so much.

For those who have been accepted - has anyone heard back about Honors college or merit aid?

@Islandnerd don’t worry it depends on the college you applied to and specifically the area so it won’t be long now! Good luck!

@WillBurns fake address don’t believe him

I got an email that said that Honors College decisions start coming out Mid- February. @profdad2021

I submitted my application to Purdue 9/16/16. Application was complete 9/17. My intended major is in nursing. I am pretty concerned that I still haven’t heard anything back. ACT score was 22. GPA was 3.5 unweighted. Tomorrow will be 12 weeks since I have applied. Any suggestions or comments?

@Simmonst2017 It seems Purdue is only sending decisions for application having GPA close to 3.9 or above. I believe rest of us will have to wait until the end.

My counselor has sent in my class X marksheet, I hope I hear back before the admission committee goes on a holiday for the Christmas break.

@cxzbnm not true (personally speaking)

@dataengineer Can you please share your stats and which program you got admitted.

@cxzbnm Is the 3.9 w or uw? I would agree 3.9 w GPA. I wonder if higher SAT/ACT scores would compensate for lower GPA scores.

@2021classdad From the results posted in this forum I think its 3.9 UW GPA.

Fingers crossed we hear something tomorrow! D applied 11/1 so we may have to wait for results on the following Fri, however.

@cxzbnm Thanks. My son got accepted FYE with 3.79 UW; 4.01 W, 34ACT, OOS. Just something to share. Best luck to the ones still waiting.

@2021classdad when did your son apply and when was he accepted?

Hey, y’all!

I applied for FYE on 10/31/16

Application checklist completed Date was 11/1/16
Major in: FYE (Electrical)
GPA (uw, w): 4.0/4.40
SAT/ACT Scores: 35 Composite
State (IN, oos, int’l): OOS (Alabama)

Hope I get my decision tomorrow!

I applied on 10/17 for FYE and still haven’t received a decision! I hope to get it tomorrow.

@wazza7
Suprised you haven’t heard anything yet.

@lijrobert Most FYE applicants from early to mid October haven’t heard. Why are you surprised?