Purdue Class of 2021 EA Acceptance?

I guess there aren’t that many presidential / trustees scholarships given out:
http://www.admissions.purdue.edu/costsandfinaid/freshman.php

About 1% of incoming freshman get presidential, and another about 10% get the Trustees scholarship.

I think I read somewhere that at Case Western, 75% (!) of students get merit aid.

@thshadow I think that is because Case Western is private.

Hi. I logged-in to my portal yesterday and learned I was not accepted to FYE. Instead was offered to be waitlist led for FYE or the option to be considered for an alternate college. I’m wondering if anyone has gone through the process of being considered for the optional college/major and if so, how long it took to receive a response and whether they got their first choice (of three the listed in order of preference)?

Result: Offered Waitlist for FYE or option to be considered for alternate college
Submitted Date: 11/1/16
Application checklist completed Date: 11/02/16
Major in: FYE
GPA: 3.63 (uw)/ 4.07 (w)
ACT Score: 30
State: Minnesota
Other: Mostly honors courses; 5 AP courses; Honor Society, Band, Cross-country; Community Service award, volunteer work, and job.
Results posted on Portal: 12/22/16. I did NOT receive an email to check portal. Just knew from this board to check. Front page of portal is no different. Just happened to click on Application Status Page and at top of section it said ’ An update to your application was last posted on December 22, 2016 " with a link to ‘View update.’ Still haven’t received email from admissions. But I dud receive an email today from School of Health Sciences with optional majors to consider. It would have been very confusing had I opened that email before logging into my portal to learn I didn’t get FYE.

Do you have any idea when the decisions might come back after you select the three alternate majors?

I’m wondering the same thing

Accepted: 12/22
Submitted Date:10/22
Application checklist completed Date: 10/23
Major in: FYE (Electrical Engineering Intent)
GPA (uw, w): 4.0/5.1
SAT/ACT Scores: 1330 and 29
State (IN, oos, int’l): OOS (NC)

Super happy to have finally heard back!

Still waiting for the alternate major too. My son submitted the form 10/30.

Result: ACCEPTED - 12/22/16 at about 9pm
Submitted Date: 10/30/16
Application checklist completed Date: 10/30/16
Major in: Exploratory Studies
GPA: 3.7 (uw)/ 3.85 (w) very competitive hs that does not rank. Also hs does not weight honors classes, only AP classes, that is why GPA(w) is low,
ACT Score: 29 (35E, 32R)
State: OOS
Other: Mostly honors courses; 5 AP courses (3 senior year including AB Calc); NHS, senior captain and state qualifier. Essay was about a special talent.

Does anyone know when should we expect the next wave of Trustee Scholarship notification?

Are any decisions coming out tomorrow?

@CoastalKid They won’t release results until they come back next week.

I’m concerned that I wasn’t considered at all for the Trustees Scholarship because I still have not received an admission decision, however the Trustees Scholarships have already been sent out - correct? I made the EA deadline, so I’m confused as to why I haven’t received a decision since they’re apparently already awarding a scholarship that I should have automatically been considered for under the EA deadline. Does anyone have any ideas as to why I haven’t received a decision yet when I’m pretty sure I should have??

courtM147, are you saying you haven’t heard an acceptance decision as well? If so, when did you submit and are you oos? There has been a lot of talk of the Trustees Scholarships being sent out in a rolling fashion as well so there may be more to come.

@decahedron yes I haven’t received a decision at all. I submitted 11/1, and the portal says that all of my materials were received by 11/2 and that I met the deadline for EA. And I’m OOS, I live in Florida.

@CourtM147 Well, I heard back on the last release day and I submitted on 10/23 so I think that you may have a week or two left to wait for a decision, especially since I’m sure a ton of people also submitted on the 1st since it was the last day. I’m oos as well. I wouldn’t worry at all yet and they obviously aren’t going to notify you about a scholarship before you are accepted so there’s no need to worry there either, seeing as how everyone is saying those will be released over a few weeks as well. Good luck!

Thank you so much!! @decahedron

@CourtM147 On their website it says “For maximum scholarship consideration, your admission application and all required supporting materials must be received or postmarked by November 1. All admitted freshmen who meet this deadline will automatically be considered for university-wide merit scholarships (no additional action necessary).” -http://www.admissions.purdue.edu/costsandfinaid/freshman.php

It’s very important to follow the rules but if you have good enough stats they would probably be lenient.
What are your stats?

When do scholarships come out? I applied pretty early (Oct. 15)

Hey guys is there a change for another batch coming out for this week?