Purdue Class of 2021 EA Acceptance?

@animays We’re on the same boat - I feel your pain

@animays & @QuestionsMate all three of us are on the same boat. Except that I didn’t apply Penn State. I really hoped for Purdue. Any idea how much does the waitlist move. I have one admission in ASU FYE where I would significantly cut on costs.

Yo you can still apply go do it it now @SJ0899

@QuestionsMate Same, I got Chancellor’s Award (12k) from UMass Amherst. But I got into Purdue and UWisconsin-Madison as well so far. Which school do you think is the best among them for CS major?

My 2 cents…UWisconsin & Purdue are very close for undergraduate CS. Both schools are on par. From what I hear, UW campus is great. Madison as a town is more fun than West Lafayette. UMass Amherst is good but not on par with the other 2. For Grad school UMass is also good.

Do you know if the Trustee or Presidential scholarships are being distributed yet?

@just_nag Just curious, where do you get those information like “UWisconsin & Purdue are very close for undergraduate CS” ?

@HardOREasy Spoke to the kids (acquaintances) who graduated from these schools in the last 2 years and discussed the school env and the CS program, job opportunities, companies that visited etc. FWIW, it is an opinion. Ultimately it is up to the individual…If you look at rankings too, UW and Purdue are rated higher than UMass for CS

@HardOREasy Congrats on Purdue! I would say Purdue is the best out of the 3 for sure. For UW Madison, even though it’s ranked high, I dont think UW Madison is that good for CS honestly, plus I don’t really like the location :confused: I know this because I looked at the courses in both programs and the Wisconsin one seemed really average. Umass on the other hand has tracks in AI, Data mining, Cybersecurity, animation, networking, etc. And has faculty that are the top in their field (arguably). My one concern avout Umass is that it seems like a party school and many people don’t take their studies seriously. The location of Umass is 2 hours away from Boston and NYC and that is very beneficial.

I unfortunately got wait listed from Purdue but I’m hopeful for June

Super touched by the email that was sent to intl admitted students :’)

@nyanpasu_ What did it say?

Even I got the email.

@QuestionsMate, hmu

anybody receive a response tonight?

Received Alternate Major Form on 12/22, Filled out 12/23, and Accepted to Exploratory Studies on 2/3. BOILER UP!

got in for computer engineering today. Applied at the end of november

Got in for Physics!

Application submitted 11/29, everything received 12/06

Do they change the decision letter on the portal once they accept you for your alternative major? Will I get the BOILER UP banner?

They change the decision letter, but it doesn’t say BOILER UP

PURDUE CLASS OF 2021 GROUPME, get it on the app store, add anyone you know starting at Purdue next fall.
GroupMe: Purdue Class of 2021