Purdue Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Purdue Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 15

1 Like

Anxiously waiting! Does anybody have any news? No one on Reddit has received any decision yet.

@fc_pulpfiction, are they scheduled to announce RD today?

Purdue’s website says they will release by March 31st. I haven’t heard anything about today.

I have heard everyone saying that chances of getting into purdue are less if you apply RD, is it true ?

Yes it is. Purdue fills the majority of their class in EA. It’s also the priority deadline for merit awards, honors college and certain majors (Engineering, CS, Nursing, Vet Nursing, and Flight).

That information is plastered all over the Admissions website for the university.

1 Like

:frowning: so do I still have a chance ?

As of right now the only major that is listed as closed for the Fall '23 is Math and CS (editing to add that is one specific major as was noted below). If you applied for another major, there is still a chance.

I applied for CS. Closed as in ? They wont consider anyone who is deferred or applied RD to CS ?

Thanks. CS is still open which is a great relief :slight_smile:

The Mathematics-Computer Science major is closed. Computer Science is not, nor are the other six Mathematics majors.

2 Likes

No, sorry for the confusion! My bad. Just wondering when will Purdue start releasing decisions.

Deferred from EA to RD at Purdue. Have they made any RD decisions lately or does anyone know anything? Haven’t heard a peep from Purdue admissions.

Purdue admissions still says decisions before 3/31. I haven’t heard of even a dribble of acceptances since they released EA. Hang in there…just another few weeks at most.

1 Like

My son was also deferred from EA at Purdue. I called Purdue admissions yesterday to see if I could get ANY hint at when we might hear from them. The person I spoke to made it seem like decisions could come out literally any moment between now and March 31. They actually said, “we could hang up right now and your portal might be updated with a decision. Or, it might happen on the 31st. Or anytime in between.”

Which is not exactly helping my obsessive need to check the portal every ten minutes! As others have said, at least we only have a few weeks of this agony left.

It is agony. My son was deferred from Perdue and the waiting is just awful.

2 Likes

Has anyone applied RD here. Does anyone who applies RD for competitive major like CS have very less chances of getting in ?

I’ve checked the portal already twice today. It’s only 9:40am. UGH

1 Like

@KR23 the waiting is definitely tough. But by the end of the month we should know all the options right? It’s only 3 more weeks of this feeling. Perhaps it would be better to allow your kid the pleasure of discovery? Then you can stop yourself from checking incessantly. lol.

1 Like