Purdue Class of 2027 Official Thread

does anybody have an ETA on when they might release?

Did anyone get accepted?

Decision are outā€¦ my son was EA deferred but now Waitlisted for CS. (OOS).

Same got waitlisted for political science.

Waitlisted, OOS, finance. I did see someone on reddit say they got accepted today, fwiw.

The waitlist form is glitching.

2 Likes

I think this entire wave was just waitlists, havenā€™t seen any other decision. Also, is anyone able to register for the waitlist, because Iā€™m getting this message

I got the same message as well

1 Like

To all those waitlisted today:

:slightly_smiling_face: :sob:

Purdue does seem like theyā€™re trying to get a better handle on accepting/rejecting/waitlisting the right amount of people to target the incoming class size better. Like this year they accepted lots more people in RD than previous years. I will be interested to see what happens with the waitlist. Good luck, and I hope thereā€™s some other nice choices lined up for everyone. Would be nice if thereā€™s waitlist movement, but I think itā€™s too hard to make any predictions this year.

ETA: They only accepted 19 students off the waitlist last year.

1 Like

But itā€™s crazy that an entire wave of decisions was just waitlists, personally I think thatā€™s just cruel

3 Likes

I also wish theyā€™d released them with the acceptances.

1 Like

I agree. Especially for those of us who applied for EA, it took them a full five months to say no. Not cool.

2 Likes

Has anyone emailed them about the waitlist form issue yet?

To protect their yield rate, Purdueā€™s ā€œyou canā€™t fire me, because I quit!ā€ attitude is hilarious. I might have considered them at the beginning of March with a full-ride only.
They know Iā€™ll not go there anymore in a million years, so they waitlist from the West Lafayette campus but offer spot on other campuses with a transfer option. You were just a safety, and this is beyond funny.

Waitlisted, CS, International.

Itā€™s working now

Well, they donā€™t give full rides, so I think you would have been disappointed with an acceptance too. I hope you have an acceptance that youā€™re excited about!

3 Likes

Thanks, I already committed, and Iā€™m absolutely not disappointed. I just found a safety school waitlisting me very funny.

Glad to hear it. Unfortunately, Purdue isnā€™t a safety for CS or engineering for anyone, even in-state applicants. I donā€™t know that my son would have been admitted to engineering if we were OOS.

4 Likes

Iā€™m a CS major as well and congrats to your son. :slight_smile:

1 Like