Purdue Class of 2027 Official Thread

Thank you very much. This is very helpful.

The office for FYE had a series of zoom talks throughout the semester with current students. They were all recorded and you can watch them on their You Tube channel. I found them really informativeā€”itā€™s always good to hear things from a studentā€™s perspective.

2 Likes

We got off the waitlist how does Purdue compare with university of Wisconsin Madison for engineering. Got off waitlist there too

My vote would be for Purdue but Iā€™m biased! Do you have any Purdue specific questions?

Thanks, my son is heavily leaning towards Purdue, I was little concerned about the size of the school it is pretty large school ~50000 students

It really doesnā€™t ā€œliveā€ that big. Everything from dorm to major will make it feel smaller. And the engineering facilities and opportunities are amazing!

2 Likes

Both are excellent engineering schools. The choice should probably be based on cost, geographical preference, fit (hopefully able to visit both campuses), etc. , assuming there is no special situation like an Aero/Astro Engineering major.

Fwiw, both of my kids were admitted to both, both chose Purdue, and were/are quite happy with the choice.

Purdue reports 37,949 undergrads, Wisconsin-Madison 35,184. Total enrollment is 50,884 and 49,886. I suspect those differences will not be noticeable.

1 Like

My son admitted to both choose Purdue too.
This may be one of the few times Purdue wins in the climate category. LOL

2 Likes

Anybody is waitlisted by Purdue Artificial Intelligence major? Trying to see if any movement for the list

Hi. My daughter got accepted in bachelorā€™s CS major in Honour collegeā€¦2023 fallā€¦ Anyone from India joined for bachelor program this year

There are lots of students from India in CS. Your daughter will have a lot of friends.

1 Like

My soon to be sophomore son is one of the videos lol. He joined a student foundation called PSEF and it was a game changer to him while he had been struggling as an oos student. Purdue is more than amazing. It wasnā€™t even his first choice but he fell in love when we went there for the Purdue for me.

4 Likes