Purdue - Computer Science

<p>International student from India. Chance me and will chance you back within 2-3 days.
[ *] College (LSA, engineering, etc.): Computer Science (College of sciences)
[ *] SAT (one sitting): 1960(R-580,W-640,M-740)
[ *] SAT IIs (if sent):Phy-800,M2-750
[ *] ACT:not taken
[ *] UM unweighted GPA: 9th - 8.6/10
10th - 9.4/10
11th - 8.2/10
12th(mid year) - 9.4/10
[ *] Course load (# of AP/IB/H, special courses, etc.):
[ *] Rank: top 1%
[ *] Other stats:
[ *] Subjective (ECs, special circumstances, etc): 2 NATIONAL LEVEL EXAM qualified, INTERNATIONAL CLUB leader, training in JAVA and C++, Community service(150 hrs+), VOLLEYBALL, SCHOOL CAPTAIN, HOUSE BAND(Guitar)
[ *] Essays: quite good
[ *] Teacher Recs: phy teacher( v.good)
[ *] Counselor Rec: principal(v.good)
[ *] Hook (legacy, recruited athlete, etc.):no hook
[ *) Location/Person: India
[ *] State or Country:
[ *] School Type: public
[ *] Ethnicity: Asian
[ *] Gender:male
[ *] major strength/weakness: sat score
[ *] Other Factors/questions: really need some replies. If possible also chance for UW madison and penn state(main campus)
Thank you</p>

<p>^Bump…guyzz a little help please…</p>

<p>You have fair chances. Your Sat M2 scores are low compared to others. You will probably get in.</p>

<p>^Bump… -_-</p>

<p>The problem with international applicants is that I’m not sure about how their education system works. </p>

<p>But, if you were an American applicant, I would say you’re a match (aside from lack of AP courses; I’m not sure if India has anything of that sort). </p>

<p>@snappletop‌ The grading system in class 9,11 and 12 is very strict. Also do consider my class rank. My school didnt had any AP courses; however the course i took was the toughest that was available.</p>

<p>Bump!!!Bump!!!Bump!!!</p>

<p>EA/RD?</p>

<p>@seamonEA</p>

<p>@seamon EA</p>

<p>Stop bumping and wait.
10 days left :!! well here at least.</p>

<p>@seamon‌ I know that and maybe I’ll receive it on the same day (as per their reply of my email)…but I guess I am just anxious…</p>

<p>Bro, I am an Indian applicant as well ( EA), I know many people who got in Purdue for CS. You have a good chance like 65%.</p>

<p>@Rag22304‌ Where are you from? What were the stats of those people?</p>

<p>They all have 1800-2000 type scores</p>

<p>Lets see what happens!! We dont have to wait long!!</p>

<p>So I got in!!! :D</p>

<p>I had a similar SAT score, but I’m an in-state student. I got in for CS, and it looks like you will too, but I’m never sure about International applicants. I believe India is quite competitive as a whole, but most students apply for engineering majors, so you should be fine! </p>

<p>Chance: 60-70%</p>

<p>@RiloBarnett‌ Look at my previous post…</p>

<p>@RiloBarnett‌ Look at my previous post…</p>