Purdue cost?

<p>I am oos and would really like to attend Purdue University to major in Aerospace Engineering. I was wondering if anybody else attends/attended Purdue oos and was able to afford it. I don't want graduate with more than $25,000 of debt, so if anyone has an idea of how much financial aid I could get there or knows if it's affordable, I would really appreciate it. My ACT score is 29 and GPA is around 3.8.</p>

<p>

A. No one attends Purdue OOS because no one can afford it.
OR
B. Yes there are OOS students that attend Purdue AND can afford Purdue.
Which of the above do you think is true?</p>

<p>Ok obviously there are oos students there, but i was wondering how much financial aid they are getting and how much debt they will end up with.</p>

<p>To be honest this differs for everyone… I hope you know many people graduate with a lot of debt nowadays because their family cannot afford to pay for their children’s education. </p>

<p>The amount of aid differs for everyone. It depends on if you get any scholarship money or not. Since Purdue is a state university, they give more aid to in-state students than OOS like ourselves. Don’t expect much grant money from Purdue other than a Centennial grant. If your parents EFC is low then you may qualify for some federal grants but other then that your parents must pay the rest or you take out a loan with your parents cosigning them. </p>

<p>Most of my friends that are OOS and are in their Junior year have been taking out loans since freshman year and will be in debt by $80K on average. Since you plan on majoring in AAE then I wouldn’t worry about a small amount of $25K. You do know that AAE majors average around $60K their first year, right? </p>

<p>That is why you shouldn’t expect to get an average with how much debt people graduate with since it differs for everyone.</p>