Purdue deferral policy

<p>Hey guys!</p>

<p>I was wondering what is Purdue's deferral policy. I emailed the admissions office but they have not replied yet. And i could not find any answers in FAQ. I was thinking maybe i would defer a year to go to another college that is closer to my home, however maybe that would mean i need to apply as a transfer student next year. Is there any specific Purdue deferral policy of someone who has poor health issue or money issues, or any other circumstances.</p>

<p>I dunno man, but I think you’d have to reapply as a transfer student
I have never heard of an individual deferring freshman year and gaining automatic admittance their sophomore year from another institution. Although this situation may exist in colleges that have a partner relationship between each other. I recommend u hitting up a call with them that would be the wisest thing to do. I’ve emailed purdue a few times, they just never seem to check their mail.</p>

<p>really ? they reply almost instantly if i email taking the timezone difference into account. otherwise a reply is always in my inbox by the next morning. in fact, of all the schools that i’ve contacted, purdue seems to be the most efficient in giving replies…</p>

<p>I got accepted to fall term 2010, and I actually want to just defer my admissions to the spring term 2011, becuase of a health problem. There is a university very close to my house so its easier for me to recover.</p>

<p>You should give them a call, the admissions officers are usually friendly. If it’s health-related, they may consider it but I don’t think they defer students.</p>