Purdue Directory question?

<p>Ok so I applied at Purdue University for Management within 1st week applications opened and I found out if you type your name in the Purdue Directory and if it shows up you are admitted. I did that and my name didn't show up but some of my friends did. But the thing is my friends have a much higher gpa than me so I'm wondering they accepted higher gpa applicants first? My gpa is around 3.2 UW.</p>

<p>Is this way of finding out you are accepted true/reliable?!?</p>

<p>HELP!!! FREAKING OUT.</p>

<p>I don’t know if it is true or reliable, but my name is in the directory too.
Anyone know the validity of this?</p>

<p>But I wouldn’t stress if I were you. We are supposed to hear from Purdue in December.
I applied on August 31st. My GPA is 3.38 and ACT 24.</p>

<p>cody do you mind me asking your gpa? im curious to know how my name wasnt on the list but some of my friends were. im wondering if its cuz they accepted higher gpa and sat scores applicants first.</p>

<p>whoaa i checked and my name was on it too… I really do hope it means we got accepted!</p>

<p>My GPA is 3.38 and ACT 24.</p>

<p>From the Purdue website-
Who is listed in the Purdue Electronic Directory?
All students, staff, and faculty for all of the Purdue campuses (main and regional) are listed in the Purdue Electronic Directory. The information provided by the Purdue Electronic Directory is chosen based on its ability to facilitate communication. Such information includes:</p>

<p>phone number
e-mail address
postal address
and others</p>

<p>interesting! i have a 3.2 gpa and 1160 on my SAT (math + crit.). i should atleast get general acceptance into purdue if not into my choice of major.</p>

<p>have any ideas to why im not listed? i applied mid august and from application status they have everything they need.</p>

<p>and STV it does mean you’ve been accepted. one my friends called them to make sure and they said yes thats what it means. SO CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU!!!</p>

<p>I don’t know why they would even do that since they aren’t sure that all of you would be attending the school.</p>

<p>^^you bring up a good point. why would they do that? more work for them. do you think i have a chance in getting in management at purdue?</p>

<p>Oh my gosh! this is crazy! I mean I probably won’t go crazy until I actually get the letter, but I mean wow, Purdue is one of my top choices too… thanks a lot Kashc!
I’m SURE you’ll get in!!!</p>

<p>Thanks STV. I talked to a guy at Purdue Admissions Office and he told me that if you see your name in the directory then you have been admitted for NOW. He said that at the end of application season they review all there applications and make sure the person with higher gpa, sat, etc. gets in. So for example if you got in and your name is in the directory but they see another person with better qualifications then you, then your name will be removed from the accepted applicants. He said its not a guarantee but most likely your in.</p>

<p>Where is this directory you guys speak of ?</p>

<p>^^^ </p>

<p>[Purdue</a> Directory](<a href=“Purdue Directory”>Purdue Directory)</p>

<p>Thanks Kashc2,</p>

<p>By the way, what was your stats?
GPA,SAT, the good stuff.
I’m kind of scared I won’t make it.
And I’m not sure if I read this right.
Is it true that you can get accepted to Purdue University but get rejected by the major you chose?</p>

<p>haha, my name isn’t on the directory anymore. dang it. lol</p>

<p>LOL- my name is gone now too!!</p>

<p>sh1ppu my gpa is 3.3 uw and 3.5 W. my sat is 630 math 550 crit reading (Purdue does super scoring). Since Purdue looks at math more for management my stats for that are Alegebra through Precalc i had mainly a B average. Currently taking college level finite. And the guy I talked to at admissions told me that if you dont get accepted into choice of major then Purdue may recommend you for undergraduate study and you can accept taht and then after taking classes required for Krannert you can (if qualified) get in Krannert the end of your 1st semester freshmen year.</p>

<p>As to STV and codyman this what he (admission guy) was talking about. Don’t worry though wait till December.</p>

<p>Yeah, I’m not worried about it.
I was already accepted to Michigan State-my first choice, and that’s where I am going.
I applied to 6 schools, so now it’s just kind of fun to sit back and see who
accepts/denies me.</p>