Purdue dorm bathrooms.

<p>I know most of the dorms at purdue have communal bathrooms and showers. But do these showers have curtains or something for privacy?</p>

<p>How many showers are there and is it a problem to find one?</p>

<p>I remember someone saying something about shower stalls. That I remembered. Otherwise, I have the same questions as you two.</p>

<p>Haha anyone else?</p>

<p>When we went on the residence hall tour during the Fall Preview day I told my son to go in and check out the bathrooms and he looked at me like I was crazy! (It was an all-male dorm so I couldn’t exactly do so for him!). I’m interested in responses too. I know Cary had some suites where each group of two rooms shared a bathroom, but other parts of it just had the communal ones but I didn’t get to look inside.</p>

<p>Basically almost all of the dorms have community bathrooms (apartment, suite-style, and single room dorms being the exception: Hillenbrand (suite-style), Hilltop and Purdue Village apartments, and First Street Towers being single room with your own bathroom adjacent). </p>

<p>Usually 2 bathrooms on each floor. One part is usually where the sinks and mirrors are, another part with there toilets are and another part where the showers are. There are at least 4 showers in the bathroom, if not more, and same with the toilets and sinks. The showers have curtains of course (I guess they are considered “stalls”) and if all of them are full you can always find and use the other bathroom on the other side of your floor or any other floor on your wing of the dorm (female wing, male wing). The bathrooms are cleaned daily.</p>

<p>@marciemi: I didn’t think that freshmen get those bathroom (knowing from research).
@dixie: so there would be two bathroom? I won’t have to be brushing my teeth looking at another guy using the bathroom or whatever? 4 showers I, I was thinking like a long bathroom with 10 shower and a sub bathroom with the mirrors and sink…
My next question is for real: like how many room and people are on a certain floor? And any advice for specific time to go to any bathroom?</p>

<p>@ descuff - 2 separate community bathrooms… one room with sinks in the middle, separate room on one side with toilets, separate room on other side with shower stalls. You wont have to watch someone brushing their teeth while going to the bathroom :-)</p>

<p>Hello all,
I’m a current student living in Cary Quadrangle and I can tell you that in all of the dorms I have been in there are shower stalls. The exception to this is obviously Cary Suites, which has a private bathroom in each suite, but since you will be a freshman, that’s pretty irrelevant since you won’t be getting a suite! :wink: Those are for us older guys! Enjoy your time next year, Boiler Up!</p>