Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Purdue University offers Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at Purdue is November 1.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by January 15. For more information visit the Purdue University page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Purdue applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Purdue University? Why Purdue? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Purdue topics visit the purdue-university tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Purdue Early Action?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

1 Like

Applying for CS major.
Does Purdue considers expanded resume if I submit/upload one?

I don’t believe that Purdue considers material outside of what is requested on the common app and the Purdue specific essays.

You should be able to include the information on your resume within the structure of the common app.

1 Like

On Purdue App portal, it allows you to upload two things: (1) High school courses (2) Other Supporting Materials

I thought (2) means you could upload things like medical doc, expanded resume etc. which are not possible within the framework of CommonApp.

Go for it then. The worst that happens is it isn’t considered. I’d just make sure that you have the pertinent information on the common app.

Is there anyway to know from student portal if Purdue received my FAFSA?

I don’t see one, no.

The FAFSA site said it was delivered, iirc, and I wasn’t concerned after that.

1 Like

Did any one receive the Happy Thanksgiving from Purdue email saying " This holiday season we are so thankful for you and the opportunity to get to know you through your application to Purdue University. "
Ever grateful, ever true,
Director of Admissions

2 Likes

Yes, I got one an hour back.

1 Like

Yes. It doesn’t mean anything, I don’t think.

1 Like

We keep getting Purdue emails pretty often. Though it doesn’t mean anything, it’s a nice gesture though.

2 Likes

Agree with Advitha. These emails mean that Purdue has your email in their database as an applicant and is sent to everyone. But, it is still a nice gesture.
The public colleges in CA don’t bother with sending such emails
Regards
Robert

2 Likes

Did anyone receive a decision from Purdue yet?

Purdue doesn’t release EA until mid January.

3 Likes

My son got a Happy “Boiler Birthday” text yesterday. Hoping that’s more than just a nice gesture. Would seem pretty cruel if it wasn’t! Ha. We’ll see soon enough :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If it was his birthday, I wouldn’t expect it to mean more than “Happy Birthday”. Seems strange to me that “Happy Birthday” would be considered “pretty cruel”.

5 Likes

Was a nice gesture from the university. They cared to program a birthday wishing logic into their software.

1 Like

My S22 is waiting on Purdue as well. Heard some rumors that EA apps may be up >20%. Feel like Purdue might be harder than usual this year.

1 Like

I heard rumors as such for many colleges. Most have seen upwards of 20% increase in EA applications. Will be very hard this year.
All the best to all and Happy Friday!

2 Likes